How to chant offencelessly ?

Srila Prabhupada in CC. Adi 8.16:

"If one is infested with the ten offenses in the chanting of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, despite his endeavor to chant the holy name for many births, he will not get the love of Godhead that is the ultimate goal of this chanting."

Hare Krishna, PAMHO, Dandavat

Though I am chanting mahamantra for last 1 year but I feel Iam losing all taste in chanting. I think due to offences in my chanting iam losing all taste in it.

It has became a vicious cycle now.

Chanting with offences ---> resulting in losing taste in chanting --> further resulting in creating more offences due to less attentive chanting ---> and this cycle is going on. How to break this vicious cycle.

Though Srila Prabhupada said that, chanting constantly is the only solution to get away from offences.

But how does an offensive chanter is able to chant constantly. I tried many times to take a vow to chant constantly 24 hours but failed every time and thats because of the offences that i committed in the past against the holy name.

I searched google to know as to how can i get rid of offences and somehow I got a link to this website. Devotees kindly look into it and please share your views on this . If this is the suitable solution for this problem.

Link to that article is - 

http://www.be-pure.info/AuthenticMeditationsub/AMGENERAL/the-secret-of-the-mantrarajas.html

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Vrindavan das prabhu

Panca-tattva is not recommended to be chanted by Shrila Prabhupada regularly on beads

Please refer link

http://nitaaiveda.com/NITAAI_Forum_Archives/Books_By_Swami_Gauranga...

"Who is that rascal sannyasi who has recommended to chant Pancha Tattva mantra on the japa beads? First, send me his name." (Letter to: Govardhan 4, Juhu, Bombay-54, 18 November, 1973)

The regular chanting of the two mantras is the direct practical implementation of Shrila Prabhupada's purport in Cc Adi 8.31 considering the fact the Prabhupada did not recommend the regular chanting of the Panca-tattva mantra on the beads. Chanting of the Panca-tattva mantra once before each round or three times before beginning the kirtana cannot be termed as "very regularly" (as insisted by Shrila Prabhupada) and "karite karite" (as insisted by Shrila Sarasvati Thakura Prabhupada) for the chanting of Lord Nityananda and Lord Gauranga's Names.

• Please hear to lectures of Srila Prabhupada in KRISHNA.TV website. You will stop committing offenses to holy names slowly.

• Hare Krishna to all Matajis,Prabhuji & Devotees

you are all speaking of how to avoid offences to the holy name which is infact very difficult thing. The most dangerous offense to the holy name is commiting sins on strength of holy name "namnad balad yasya hi papa buddhih ". 

Refer link http://nitaaiveda.com/Compiled_and_Imp_Scriptures/Hari_Naam_Chintam...

"In the case of ordinary sin, one can counteract it by prayascitta, but if one even thinks of committing sin on the strength of the holy name, there is no remedial measure, so serious is the offense. Even endless torture by the servants of Yamaraja cannot deliver him from the offense. And if thinking of committing the offense to the name brings such suffering, how much more will be the suffering from actually committing such an act?

From the lectures of Srila Prabhupada in KRISHNA.TV , the only main way to start avoiding offences is to hear from a pure DEVOTEE SRILA PRABHUPADA in beginning. you can hear lectures in KRISHNA.TV site.

This is the verse Srila Prabhupada and Chaitanya Mahaprabhu personally stresses LIKE ANYTHING in almost all the lectures

Srimad Bhagavatam 10.14.3

jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva

jivanti san-mukharitam bhavadiya-vartam

sthane sthitah sruti-gatam tanu-van-manobhir

ye prayaso 'jita jito 'py asi tais tri-lokyam

TRANSLATION

Those who, even while remaining situated in their established social positions, throw away the process of speculative knowledge and with their body, words and mind offer all respects to descriptions of Your personality and activities, dedicating their lives to these narrations, which are vibrated by You personally and by Your pure devotees, certainly conquer Your Lordship, although You are otherwise unconquerable by anyone within the three worlds.

When one directly hears from Srila Prabhupada he will get completely convinced that Krishna is Supreme Personality of Godhead and we should completely surrender unto him. By this understanding he will catch hold of Krishna's Lotus feet tightly which is the only way of getting out of the laws of Maya which we can't overcome by any of our personal strength and actions. "daivi haise gunamayi mama maya duratyaya mameva ye prapadyante mayametam taranti te"

• E-Counselor

Hare KRsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Let me start with the rider that I am not a perfect chanter - I am also committing all 11 offences while chanting.

To asnwer your question, I would like to give example of one who is learning to drive. If such a learner thinks that he will come out on the road and drive only whne he perfects driving, then do you think he will ever be able to drive? The way to arrive at offenceless chanting is to continue to try and definitely to chant - offences or no offences.

One thing I have seen that works is - do the Shikshamrta and 10 offences before you start chanting. Go through the meaning also. Then when you chant, you will concentrate better. Next time you commit an offence, it will strike you that this is offence no...... on the list. This way, the mind will get trained to see where you are making mistakes and then gradually you will be able to stop yourself from committing those offences.

To be honest prabhuji, one year of chanting is toooo less. We dont know what anarthas we have accumulated over how many births, how can everything be eradicated in one single year. It takes lifetimes prabhuji. No worry, as long as we keep chanting, everything else will fall in place.

One more thing that can be done daily is reading Gita and/or Bhagawtam and/or Chaitanya Charitamrta everyday. You must read some book of Srila Prabhupada everyday to get the energy to chant.

I hope this helps.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare krishna Prabhujis and Matajis, the only way to avoid 10 offences is to chant 3 times "jaya sri krishna chaitanya prabhu nityananda sri advaita gadadhara sri vasasdi gaura bhakta vrinda" as Srila Prabhupada used to do before his chanting. Krishna won't let persons out of Sinful reactions who commit the 10 offences. But the most munificient incarnation of Krishna, i.e Chaitanya Mahaprabhu will excuse any patita as he is the most munificient incarnation "namo maha vadanyaya" "patita pavana" .So please chant the holy names of panchatathva 3 times before you start chanting hare krishna mahamantra. This will solve all anarthas and make you not commit offences at the holy name Hare Krishna mahamantra.

Your servant always,

Panchatathva dasa

This reply was deleted.