hare krishna to all the devotees 

pranam n dandavats

my daughter is 4yrs old n im eager to know how to celebrate her bday as she goes to all her friends bday and she also wants that all her friends come n there be cake cutting dance games n so on pls answer my query hare krishna.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

instead of singing the traditional happy birthday song you can easily make it KRSNA CONSCIOUS!

(from http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/video/hare-krishna-to-you-birthday (Eklayva Das); I'm adding the lyrics)

Hare Krishna To You

Hare Krishna To You

Hare Krishna Dear [Name] Prabhu

Hare Krishna To You

Hare Rama To You

Hare Rama To You

Hare Rama Dear [Name] Prabhu

Hare Rama To You

May You Never Take Birth Again

Hare Krishna To You

Hare Krishna To You

Hare Krishna To You

For added excited, after each line say something like 'Haribol' or "Radhe Radhe" or "Gauranga" to spice things up. Just don't change it around in one verse. Make it consistent. For example 

It would sound better if you sing this:

And then break into a Hare Krishna Kirtana!!

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

(Haribol)

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

Instead of:

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

Hare Krishna To You

(Radhe Radhe)

(Nitai)

Hare Krishna To You

(Gauranga)

The consistency make it sound "nicer" even though mentioning Radharani or Nitai-Gaurange is still fabulous. But you can change it over in the next verse.

For example:

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

(Haribol)

Hare Krishna To You

(Haribol)

Hare Rama To You

(Gauranga)

Hare Rama To You

(Gauranga)

Hare Rama Dear [Name] Prabhu

(Gauranga)

Hare Rama To You

(Gauranga) 

the best way to do this (in my opinion), is take a friend to the side and ask them to help out. So everyone will be singing this new song, but one person will be there to shout "Haribol" after each line, and soon it will build up with more and more people joining in. And pretty soon, everyone will join in. The extra benefit - you're daughter gets an extra Haribol blessing from the devotees!!

• thanks a lot maataji for this wonderful song i am very grateful to you for the suggestion hari bol

• Hare Krishna mataji.Ya,as mummies, kids birthdays are something that you cant let go just like that.Well it depends on your budget..it you want to make a simple party, you can do it at your nearby ISKCON center. Prepare a cake, prepare prasadam feast for the devotees ( if it is a Sunday feast, then you have to prepare a lot, if is some other day, you can prepare according to the number of devotees you have invited.)Let the devotees sing Mahamantra as she cuts the cake.Let there be an ecstatic kirtan for everyone to sing and dance.You can also invite her friends and your relatives.then, you can have colouring competition for the kids (just photocopy some pictures from Copy to colour Krishna book series) just to keep them occupied and for them to have fun..You can prepare small door gifts for them, like Krishna key holders.You can arrange some Krishna conscious games like "Srila Prabhupada said"( this is similar to the famous Simon says game),or even Srila Prabhpad ki Jai (it is a guessing game where a child is blindfolded with a cloth and he have to touch another child and say"Srila Prabhupad ki..." and the other child has to say "JAI". the blinfolded child has to guess whose voice is it.... Try it out...And like Radhe prabhu said, you can let them offer little colourful candles to Krishna.....Or you can even dress your child as Krishna....Quite a plenty of things that you can do...

If you need any ideas, please let us know....Good Luck and advanced Krishna conscious Birthday for your little bundle of joy!

JAI JAGANNATH

• hare krishna mataji thanks for your reply i thought my question was silly but i am very grateful to all for answering Jai Radhe

• hare krishna.u can call ur child frnds and make them play krishna games like http://games.iskcondesiretree.info/Outdoor_Games/

u can give aarati to child and to krsna also ......u can make ur child light up the candles near krsna and tell him his wish to krsna.....and make krsna as his frnd...make them do dance for krsna songs.

This reply was deleted.