How to always think of Lord Krishna?

Hare Krishna Matajis & Prabhujis,

PAMHO,

AGTSP,

Dear Devotees,

1) Please explain me with example How to always think of Lord Krishna while doing jobs & studies.

2) And how to always depend upon Lord Krishna in each and every situation.

Please share your experiences also..

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    2540323266?profile=original

Hare Krishna,

Please visit below links for wonderful blog and more for the same:

HareKrishna

Read more : Spiritual Quest
    • Hare Krishna Prabhu,

Links are not working, it is taking me to unwanted websites. Please provide a proper link

Thank you.

• The answer is simple. As you chant regularly surrender every thought that comes to Krishna. If you have to study , You have to study and pass exam. If you are working ; you have to focus on job at hand. There is no short cut!! However even in these situations one can dovetail each and every thought towards Krishna ; there is no doubt about this. Try this. When you get thoughts; Use the Words" I earnestly surrender all what I am thinking to You O lord. I am surrendering my all to you". Increase the intensity of this method especially when you chant. Dont chant without a Spiritual Goal. The best Goal to keep in mind is surrendering thoughts because thoughts read words and words reap action. You will see that as you surrender every thought to Krishna ; you automatically surrender every action to Krishna. Thus it becomes a simple exercise. It also becomes engaging and interesting. Slowly Material thoughts will be transformed to spiritual thoughts connected to krishna. This is the way.

Read More...

• PAMHO Prabhuji.....

Thank u so much for your suggestion and advice. I really like  your answer of surrendering every thought to krishna, will surely follow ur advice. Thank u so much...HARE KRISHNA.....

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

While doing job or studies, do it diligently and as a service to Krsna. Do not neglect your duties, thats very important. In between, there are always moments of solitude where our minds are active. Always think of Krsna at those times. This comes with a lot of practise. Do not do politics or backbite in office. Lunchtime, you can form a group and read Gita or any small book together. If you are not able to form a group, you can yourself carry some small book and read for 10 -15 min after lunch in office itself. When you sit down on your desk in the morning, chant the maha mantra once and mentally tell Krsna whatever I do today, I dedicate to you. You will see that day, you can do more and all pending hassle wale jobs get done.

2) How to depend on Krsna in every situation - believe, have firm faith that Krsna is with you and will protect you in every situation. That does not mean now you can go ahead and do what you feel like - it simply means that in the greatest danger, you think of Krsna and KNOW that He is there and protecting you. It is more than belief. It is firm unshakeable faith. All this will happen only and only if you chant your committed rounds without fail, and eat only Krsna prasadam (I hope thats possible for you).

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare krishna
      thank you so much prabhu n mataji for guiding me on right path.
      Hari bol
    • hare krishna 

pamho

Mataji, 

No matter how hard i try, i cannot conecntrate more on work or studies... i feel im wasting my time by doing this material job..

i want to always chant and do bhajan, kirtan and satsang.. what should i do mataji?

please guide me...

your servant.

• you do your prescribed duties and keep krsna as a centrE

There are so many devotees doing there studies and there chanting or sadhana

u should not go away from your prescribed duties.

u should take these studies as a krsna conscious study

if u study well and if u do your chanting sincerly then i challenged u that u will be successful human being in the world

ur's humble  servant,

SUmeet

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Studies is not negotiable, you have to study.

This is  a common mistake we all make when we start on our journey towards self realisation. Krsna has said give up attachment to results, we will first give up attachment to prescribed duty simply because it is tedious.

Krsna Consciousness is not escapism, wherein we escape the drudgery of studies or our prescribed duty in the false belief that we want to chant. If you want to test yourself, take any one day, preferably a holiday and decide the beginning of the day that you will only chant today - maybe like Haridas Thakur - 192 rounds in one day. Do that and tell me how many you could chant, in what time and what you felt. That day, you are only chanting - no kirtan, no bhajan, no satsang, just chant. It will help you realise where you stand.

Think about it like this, if you are educated, then only you will be able to study the books of the six goswamis, Srila Prabhupada and nowadays, so many gurus and disciples are releasing their books. This will give you the knowledge and make your faith firm, helping in your spiritual progress. Therefore, there is no reason to not study.

Having a material qualification also helps in preaching, when the persons you are preaching to become impressed that you are an achiever in material life, still you find Krsna Consciousness attractive, that too at such a young age. Otherwise people think it is for the has beens, people who could not achieve anything in material life, therefore escaped to spirituality and will not give any weight to your words.

Everything around us is material. Yukta vairagya is all about utilising the material job or anything else in the service of the lord, not rejecting material things. Even our body is made up of material elements, would you give it up just because it is material? Would you not rather use it in the service of the lord?

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

PAMHO,

Thank u so much for your reply.Regarding job, I m working since 3 years and whatever salary I am getting, I am donating 6% of my salary to iskcon temple. And has u said I should study as a service to Krishna, I will surely to that. Thank u so much for your suggestion..

This reply was deleted.