How To Act To Demigod Prasad

Hare Krishna ,

All glories to srila prabhupada ,

My question may hurt many , especially those who will search this question in google, or worship demigods and consider all equall ,

So Sorry for that , my aim is not that !!

Earlier i used to eat onion ,garlic due to home , but now i have left them ..

Chanting rounds also , trying to surrender to krishna .

But today i recieved Prasad of Somnath ( One of Joytirlinga Of Lord Shiva ) , i took it and did not eat ,

as per my knowledge , i know food only offered to krishna is to be accepted , we should not eat demigod prasad as stated in Padma Puran .

Although i eat food without offering to Krsna many times when i am away ,

since i am not completely surrendered should i eat demigod prasad now ,till i become very strong ?

Now the problem is should i eat or not ,Somnath is also holy place , i respect all demigod ,

but now i am confused .

There are many  occasions like this ,like Navratra's going on in India at Present .

If i do not eat , people call me a cult , and fool , but truth is bitter .

Prasad is remain of Krsna's food or Vishnu Tattva Food, not of any other !!

Please guide me !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• haribol

nicely said prabhu, ultimately if we believe Krsna is the supreme, as a true devotee one should see Krsna in everything,

we all remember the story of Hireyakacipu who give Prahalad( a devotee of Krsna) his son poison and he Prahalad Maharaj offer it to Krsna and and drank it as nectar, so why can we do the same with the prasadam offer to demigod, offer it to Krsna do not worry about the taught of the cook,

In Bhagavad Gita Krishna says "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it."

It is not the leaf, flower, fruit or water that Krishna accepts. When we offer food to the Lord it is not that the food is gone when we finish the offering. It is not the food that he accepts. He accepts the love and devotion with which it is offered. that is important point

in my infant stage of KC I learn we must be humble and respectful,

haribol

• Volunteer

it is a great offense to Krishna to offer to Him Demogid's food. We can offer Him food which was cooked with love and NO ONE YET touched and tasted.

And to say the truth that you would respectfully reject to accept Demigod's food IT IS RESPECT AND HUMILITY. We have our own standards in life and these standards are very important for our own purification and for the purification of others, in this way we can boldly reject and explain the truth.

I EAT ONLY FOOD WHICH WAS COOKED BY DEVOTEES AND OFFERED FIRST TO KRISHNA.

We should not be meek and artificially humble. But on the contrary it is a nice opportunity about preaching Krishna's glories. It is not offense but sincerity.

Your servant, 

• Not exactly correct. Shabari offered tasted fruit to Lord Rama and Lord Rama accepted and ate as Lakshmana watched in awe because her devotion was very pure. She tasted them to make sure they were sweet enough for the Lord to enjoy.

Your looking at external purity as being superior to mental purity. Even food which is pure if offered without mental purity is impure. Viduras wife offered Krishna a banana peel and the Lord ate it because it was offered with love. Lord Krishna looks at a persons love more than what is offered. He even ate a uncooked grain of rice givin by Draupadi what to speak of demigod food.

• hare krishna ashwani kumar prabhu .pranam ..u r asking so much questions and am not able give answers properly sorry ..after reading others answers i think u clear u r doubts am i right prabhu?

hari bol

• haribol; all glories to Srila Prabhupada

It is stated in the Gita that Krsna take of his devotees, Lord Siva is consider a top devotee of Lord Krsna, if the prasad is given to you and you are worry about who cook or what their taughts are while making it, then do your own prayer to Krsna and eat it if you want to or not.

simple example,  do we produce all the things we consume or eat or wear, do we know their intention making these thing, NO we do not, everything is product of Krsna, so we offer it to Krsna and keep that in mind, then that what is important,

remember some believe in god is better than none, not everyone is at the same platform including my self, the time we start thinking because we worship Krsna we are better then it defeat the whole purpose of KC.

please forgive me if I offend anyone

haribol

• Volunteer

when Demigod worshipers offer me i just take some tiny quantity and keep in my bag and give to beggars or something like that. Because i try not to eat from anyone who does not chant 16 rounds. i try according my capacity.

And it is a very nice opportunity to preach about the glories of Krishna Prasadam that when we please Krishna all other demigods will be pleased...

Your servant, 

• Wow thats an offense and your understanding is quite shallow, plz take no offense. If you seriously believe that everything belongs to Krishna then surely the prasadam you received  belongs to Krishna aswell does it not? If you have true faith in Krishna then why would you seperate him from anything as it all belongs to Krishna. The Demigods are the limbs of Krishna and that is an offense to Krishna himself when you disrespect them.

This is stated in Ramayana : Shiva drohi mama das kahava, so nar sapnao mohe na pavaa.’ [The one who is hostile towards Shiv cannot be my servant, he cannot attain me even in his dreams.]

• As u said it is directly offered to lord shiva not vishnu then what

we also offer bhoga to Srilla prabhupada on his appearance day (prabhupada feast) without tulsi leaves and it is said that prabhupada offers it to lord and why we should doubt that lord shiva will not offer his

vaishnavana yatha shambhu...

e.g. someone offers you cashew nuts what u'll do , offering right ? then what u expect form lord shiva he will eat first

offering is recommended so that we with discipline w'll become pure.

-----

just thought so that u become sure krishna will not be angry

do you feel madhumangal waits for krishna to eat ? in golok krishna steals and he eats. our krishna is best of lovers he is not narrow minded.

hari bol

• hari hari aswani prabhu,

thanks.

eating prasad of authenticate demigod is OK in one sense bcoz if we offer they should be also offering , and what to say of lord shiva and mother durga both are dear to lord and selfless servants i agree their followers are bit ignorant but they will definately offer to lord before eating.

we can pray to lord in heart and tell him i can't offend remanants of ur devotee, and pray for that persons progress in K.C. 

• Hare krishna nilesh prabu 

then how aboud going to demigod temples should we visit them with our unkrishna consious family.

This reply was deleted.