You may have a misunderstanding about who is a spiritual authority. The GBC
Body, for instance, was made the ultimate managerial authority by Srila
Prabhupada, not the ultimate spiritual authority. Its role was defined by Prabhupada
as making sure everything going on in his Society is on the basis of the triple
authority, guru-sastra-sadhu. Prabhupada called it the watchdog of ISKCON.
It is a fact that you have to confirm your understanding with your authorities, but
make sure you accept the right persons as authorities. Everyone is advised to study
the Vaisnava philosophy from all angles of vision. Srila Prabhupada said to
surrender with one’s intelligence, not to surrender one’s intelligence. He never
encouraged blind faith, blind following. Pariprasna, asking questions, is part of the
process of acceptance of authority. Philosophical debate is healthy. Srila
Prabhupada recommended it to strengthen one’s mind and faith, mature one’s
understanding, etc. To discuss guru-tattva is of paramount importance. Of course,
we have to try to do it in the most detached and dispassionate way possible, but if
Sri Guru-Tattva by Swami BV Suddhadvaiti 50
some people get impassioned while speaking about it, passion shouldn’t be a reason
to reject the whole thing. You have to be careful, though, of being offensive, or too
skeptical, or to fall into faultfinding. This process is eternal, and a qualified guru,
although rare, is always available. Pray and cry for it.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• and most embarrassing thing is Voice/IYF tries to compete with BI in field of preaching.

1) They Never appreciate BI, and they say they can give sufficient scientific preaching if needed. Being a Junior I never argued. but they should understand they are not going to get empowerment by offending them(BI) who are instructed by Prabhupada to science students

• After staying in base for one and half semester in Base/ Voice I couldn't tolerate my voice staying friends learning to offend BI devotees and other Vaishnab Sampradyas, probably they train in such just to make devotees believe what they are getting in Voice/ISKCON is the best and not try to move BI or somewhere else (as some of bramhachari devotees of Mumbai did I have heard).

so last semester I moved out without offending any one (possible I was attached to their Prasadam Fists ) from 16 my round reduced to 8 and during exam times 6. this year I am going to get Single room. may be by blessing of Nityananda and devotees who love me I May get back my qualification of doing Rounds.

• Hare krsna pr

pamho

whatever u have told may  be true in some centres ,but in other voices its not the same. i also stayed my last final year be in voice. actually we have to be intelligent and have discriminating power to see what instructions authorities are giving is in line with SP's teachinga and shastra.

i also saw many things like they tell you don't read this ,don't read that.

but no body knows u better than yourself. for eg i have read all prabhupada's books (including BG), i am currently reading SB 3rd canto. i also have a lot of intersest to read the books of goswamis and commentaries of acharyas , but i still read them without beating drums, and strictly following my sadhna and given services.

No body doubts me and i am always happy reading books of vishvantha chakravarti, rupa goswami and other acharyas, because SP says we must come on that level to approach those books.

always remember "Truth constitutes authority and not the opposite way"

ys

• Yes, You are Right, I should have thought that way.

Adjustments should be from our sides. But relations with them are still the same, and I am continuously in touch with them, because in a lonesome place without friends like them it is not possible to remain spiritual minded.

• I feel bad while I oppose them but still I Oppose IYF & Voice because those activities are putting a wrong Image about spiritual life and Prabhupada. Boys who continue with them are no doubt spiritually flourished but those who drop out (at least in my collage) they become scared of all this, because in my collage they mentally force too much to join (few cases it is out of deep love may be I was one of it, but mostly it is result of fanatic approach).

problem they create

1) They give a bad Image about modern science. but Prabupada never supported this, He made different arrangements for science minded devotees. When public faith is tossed between Science and faith and they doubt on Spirituality then their doubts should be cleared scientifically not by saying "you have to keep faith, if you can't you are a fool".

• Volunteer

yes, very nice understanding Prabhuji, thank You!

Your servant,

• even I feel bad when I reply to such topics.

This Thank You and Your Servant seems quite Embarrassing at this moment :) .

Your Obedient & Fool Servant

• Good and Bonafied Points you Mentioned

But Does IYF people (possibly they bring most of the devotes to ISKCON) are following this?

their fundamental is, you have to be with them for long time and have to show Enthusiasm, then they will recommend your name for initiation, if  you do some thing incontinent your name will be pushed back in que (It is like disciple is deciding who will be his Spiritual Master (seeing his profile) and accordingly joining the center) and no personal interaction with spiritual master.

And Mostly they target Engineering Collage People (1/3 of their salary is a big amount ) don't know whether they have ever preached a economically poor young boy and recommended his name for initiation.

• Sri Guru-Tattva Part I
    by SWAMI BV SUDDHADVAITI (BVNM), formerly Jayantakrid das
    aka Jayanta Krsna das (ACBSP).
    [Originally composed and printed in 1994, with full approval of
    my siksa-guru Srila Gour Govinda Swami. Updated 2010.]

Sri-Guru-Tattva-Part1-7-by-BVSM.pdf

• Sri Guru-Tattva Part I
    by SWAMI BV SUDDHADVAITI (BVNM), formerly Jayantakrid das
    aka Jayanta Krsna das (ACBSP).
    [Originally composed and printed in 1994, with full approval of
    my siksa-guru Srila Gour Govinda Swami. Updated 2010.]

This reply was deleted.