Replies

• Do not Dare trying it alone - you will just fall on your face!  I tried and regretted..well life is about making mistakes and learn from them - LOL since then I changed my philophy, I prefer to follow others who are already experienced, there should be many who you can get with..widen you search criteria maybe

• I am 50yrs old, I have been in spiritual life since age 16. Your relationship with the Lord is a personal thing. He is your best friend.  1st is prayer, you can have conversations just like you do with a best friend.  Next is chanting and meditations.  The Maha Mantra, Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna, Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama, Rama, Hare Hare.  Will keep you stable, start with 4 rounds, and work up to 16 on japa beads if you have them, soon in no time, you will be doing more and more.  Scripture reading...read the Bhagavad Gita and Prabhupadas books.  They can be read online, gotten inexpensively at any temple, or discounted book store, and even libraries.  If not with a temple or spiritual community, find one.  There are many all around the USA and the world...have the association with brothers and sisters of like mind and attitude.  I am a minister in several religions, who loves KC.  You are starting on a right path.  Look at Videos on Youtube if you can also...the lectures will help you with different life problems.  Desire tree is also very helpful.  Let the spirit of the Lord speak to you.  You will know the voice in your meditations.  You are on a right path.  You are not alone.  Last thing, as you progress in spiritual life, a leader guru will be shown to you.  In my experience, I have many spiritual leaders over the years, but in KC, my heart leap as I was in the presence of my chosen, I have 3 favorites, but only one, who called me an old friend, to others in a small circle one day...we have known each other in a past life, and was drawn to him by the Lord.  Krishna will show you in time.  Life is such an adventure...you will not be disappointed.  Grow and prosper my young friend...there are adventures to come.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Ari Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Welcome to this forum.

Devotion is internal - it is your relation with the Supreme Lord. Therefore, real devotion is what you do when you are absolutely alone. Devotion done in front of others may be putting up a front or more external than internal. However, that is for a later stage.

In initial stages, one has to follow the ABCD of devotion - Association, Books, Chanting and Diet. One needs to associate with devotees, read Srila Prabhupada books, necessarily chant the committed rounds with attention without fail and eat simple vegeterian food which is offered to the lord before.

Initially, it would be a good idea to associate with maximum devotees. If you do not get along with some devotees, I am sure there are other devotees with whom you can get along with. Simply be around devotees, you will yourself form  a group of like minded people. Learn from them how they do what in devotional service and try to imbibe whatever suits your position right now. You have to chant prabhuji. It is the simplest and fastest method to purify the mind. It is food for the soul - like how we have to eat everyday to stay nourished, that way we have to chant everyday to keep the soul nourished. The day you dont sleep and the day you dont eat is the day you dont chant - it is so strict. Chant - the rest will follow.

Haribol,

Do keep in touch,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Ari Prabhu, 

Firstly we warmly welcome You to ISKCON Desire tree forums!

We are happy to have new  visitors!

:)

Now about Your question:

It is really tuft to be by our own. 

When we are alone we are not able to control our senses, our desires. 

Only very strong people can do that, personally i cannot.

So i try to stay in the association of those who are Krishna Conscious. I visit Temple, attend classes, Kirtans, chant with Devotees.

Or else be in contact with Devotees online.

So You may try to find some Temples around Your place and visit it.

And make friends with Devotees.

You may try to find some in the next web site http://www.iskconcenters.com

Also You can visit Temples online at http://mayapur.tv

Good luck!

And if some more questions please come to the forums here! We will be happy to assist You.

Your servant in serving to Srila Prabhupada!

• thank you , for your reply.... i have a mentor but he's very busy - so i guess i come here , when i do get to talking with him i am grateful. I wasn't getting a long with some of the devotees so i thought id try do this myself ( heh stupid aye ) . I just thought maybe at least try. Thank you for your advice. Hare Krishna
      From inspiring servant Ari

This reply was deleted.