How can we experience spiritual nature?

Hare Krishna all

pamho,

All glories to srila prabhupada!

Many times we hear about various things in our discussions about spiritual things but how

can we experience it? We can experience this material nature and has sound proof of its existence

we can touch and feel every thing in this material world so it can be digested by the mind but

spiritual things are very difficult to digest and believe.How can we develop proper understanding of the spiritual world?

Your servant

Aakash

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Haribol Aakash,

I will try and add to the responses you already received from the very little I know,

Your body is made from 5 elements, that are imperfect, they are the eyes (allow you to see), the tongue (allows you to taste), ears (allow you to hear), nose (allows you to smell) and hands (allow you to touch) they all send signals to your mind.

Why are these senses imperfect you may ask? its because, if I put you in a large room and asked you to see, smell, touch, taste, or hear me WITH THE LIGHTS OFF....you couldn't instead your mind will automatically make you afraid.

We conditioned souls falsely identify with these 5 elements which in turn send signals to the mind, so ask yourself this, as the senses are so impure, just imagine what kind of impure messages they send to the mind.

So now, ask yourself another a question, with these improper and imperfect senses how is it you can see spiritual things so you may digest and believe them? And second questions, how can you proper understand the spiritual world?

Well, look at it this way, a doctor, a car mechanic, a builder, an architect (you get the idea) only have knowledge of what to do, why? because they have trained in that particular field, then after time spent understanding and practicing their specific job can they say they are qualified.

Imagine if when you have cold and cough your mother takes you to car mechanic, he will say, mataji sorry I fix cars not people.

Similarly, by taking the time to read krishna concious books i.e. bhagavad gita, srimad bhagvatam and several others you first begin to understand theology and philosophical aspects of spirituality even by associating with devotees. Then by performing devotional service i.e. chanting, hearing lectures and krishna katha, or doing seva at your temple you begin to experience this within.

It is very personal, the only way to see is by trying, go to the temple, them tell you want to do some seva in your spare time and soon you will be able to answer this question much more better then I.

Its like a doctor can only be a doctor by first learning the theory then learning the practice, the same with sports personalities they may first practice but when they need to fine tune their abilities they will need to dig deeper and find out more about the body so they can give their best performance each time they play.

So, simply by practicing devotional service i.e. chanting, speaking with devotees, hearing, reading, and doing seva will you really begin to feel this spiritual feeling AND be warned, it is the most addictive feeling because its the best feeling ever, it is above and beyond all things material.

Hope that helps

Your Servant

Dee

• Hare Krishna Dipak prabhu,

pamho,

all glories to srila prabhupada!

Thanks for your explanation, me too was thinking same way.

your servant

aakash

• Hare Krishna prabhu,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada. 

A nice and innocent question! Jo dil ko acha lage wo ha spiritual thing and jo kewal demag ko acha lage wo hai material thing. just simple!

• Sevak

Hare Krishna. PAMHO. AGTSP.

Following these 5 things:

1)Wake up early like at 4:00 and chant 16 rounds of japa daily.

2) Read Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita or other Srila Prabhupada books.

3) Go to temple regularly.

4) Devotee association is very important if you want to be spiritually advanced.

5) Try to chant 24 hours a day. No matter what. Even in sleep, distress, happiness. Chanting makes us directly associate with Krishna and the spiritual world. But this will take long practice and hard efforts. Remember that Krishna looks at the efforts of a devotee not the result.

Your Servant. 

Hari Bol! 

• Hare Krishna !!

• Full faith of the scriptures and working with the instruction of the scripture u can realize it..chanting is the first thing through which we can realize transcendental bliss

This reply was deleted.