As said that until and unless we dont detach ourselves from the material world we cant detach us from the cycle of life and death, then how can we survive avoiding our environment which is embedded with materialistic things only????????

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanx prabhu Sudheendra for your reply but i have one more question that when we face some trauma ,at that instant we cant concentrate on other things generally and are even out of touch of lord..what should we do at such instants?????
      • hare krishna :)

your question is really nice. I also face same situation durin trauma,i feel like im out of touch of krishna. this is may be because we have not learnt to seek him during quiet moments. here is a little story abt it-

It's a story of a sea captain who in his retirement skippered a boat taking day-trippers to Shetland Islands. On one trip, the boat was full of young people. They laughed at the old captain when they saw him say a prayer before sailing out, because the day was fine and the sea was calm.

However they weren't long at sea when a storm suddenly blew up and the boat began to pitch violently. The terrified passengers came to the captain and asked him to join them in prayer.
        But he replied, "I say my prayers when it's calm. When it's rough I attend to my ship."

Here is a lesson for us:

If we cannot and will not seek God in quiet moments of our lives; we are not likely to find Him when trouble strikes. We are more likely to panic. But if we have learnt to seek Him and trust Him in quiet moments, then most certainly we will find Him when the going gets rough.

hope it helped:)

• Pranaam. Very good example. Dhanyavad.
        • Hare krishna mataji ,

your story answers my question very wonderfully...thanx for you such a nice approach....

as its also said that if we cant remember the god when we are at our young age i.e. the spring  of our lives then we will never be able to keep the lord in our autumns i.e. the old age and hence will lead an unsatisfactory life.....and a fall back in the life and death cycle

• Haribol mataji, thanx,

Its our problem most of the time and feel ourselves passing through it and as priyanka mataji posted the answer is illustrated very nicely....

• Detachment from material world means attachment for spiritual activities and devotional service. We can reestablish our eternal relationship with Krishna, even in this body, here in the material world… Read Srila Prabhupada’s books and put what you find there into practice in your life and you will practically realize that Krishna consciousness has the potency to completely transform your material life to spiritual life. Now the question is how to give up material attachment and become attached to Krishna. Always chant the holy name of Krishna, follow Krishna’s instructions, hear glorification of Krishna from the mouth of a pure devotee then it will be effective…

Hare Krishna!!
    • It means Deepika Behan Ji that we need not  have a need to leave our's home, our's relatives as the devotees have done in ISKCON, while chanting the holy name of Lord Krishna while living in home with our's parents and or's family can also make devotee free from the cycle of birth and death ? Kindly comment.
This reply was deleted.