HARE KRISHNA TO ALL !!!!! :)

In Gita Krishna said to arjuna that fight this war for my satisfaction and by doing so you wouldn't commit a sin and also by this means you would perform your prescribed duties and do the dharma sthapna after this war which was the sole purpose of war. 

I am currently doing diploma in computers and after that i will do BCA and furthermore MCA by the standard means i will either end up doing job of someone or i will have a business of own to run.In both of this karma it feels to me that it is self oriented and related to me and my family but after reading karma yoga (i have only read uptil 3 chapters in Gita and not all) i have strong feeling to devote my karma to Krishna and maybe even to do something dharma for this society and to our country just like arjuna and pandvas did but i don't see a clear and vivid way through which i can achieve this i even thought of switching my stream to become a politician or IPS officer  but i am really good at computers and interested in doing business or to become or to become PM of our Country but still i have no idea which one is best for me or how to achieve something that i have thought of to do so.

Any help and answer would be great please suggest me .

HARE KRISHNA

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• YOGA IS A FORM OF KARMA
    Yoga and chanting Is a form of good karma because of the good supportive/liberating purifying energies it/they produce,. Chanting is pro-active karma personally & positive work karmic Chanting is y-our best and most simplistic service.
  • E-Counselor

The best thing is for you to surrender to Krishna and become His full time devotee in any of our ISKCON center if and only if your family members do not depend upon your earning or you are not the only son of your family. Because in B.G, Krishna says," 

Bg 18.66

sarva-dharmān parityajya
    mām ekaṁ śaraṇaṁ vraja
    ahaṁ tvāṁ sarva-pāpebhyo
    mokṣayiṣyāmi mā śucaḥ
    Translation: 
    Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear.
    Purport: 
    Yes, in this Krishna Consciousness you can execute all your talents,intellectuals, and expertise in the service of the Supreme Lord.
    Still, if you want to work hard like donkeys in this material world with so much so called qualifications,you can spiritualize your karma by the following instructions from B.G,
    4 R formula:
    1) R=Righteousness (No Cheating)
    2)R=Result offer to Krishna
    3)R=Remembrance of Krishna (Shrama eva hi kevalam= work done with out any true result for the soul)
    4)R=Remaining time ( keep time for Krishna's services)
    If you follow above rules, you can spiritualize your work.
    From Chapter 3,B.G:
    Niskama Karma yoga Text 3.3 to 3.9,
    1) Work combined with knowledge and detachment
    2) Offer the fruit of the work for the satisfaction of Krishna
    3) the soul( active by the nature) to be purified through the detached activities
    Furthermore, it is stated in Nectar of Devotion, 
    1)You must donate 50 % of your income for the service of Krishna
    2) You must support 25 % of your income to your immediate relatives--parents,children,etc.
    3) You must save 25% for your future needs
    So, a wise person does not take interests in such material activities ( na tesu ramante budha) which causes bond of attachments.
    Any how if you are determined to work materially, it is up to you how to spiritualize your work. Please read B.G chapter 3 thoroughly to get a clear idea.
    Thank you,
    Hare Krishna!
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Very good thoughts. See, Gita was spoken to Arjuna, who was a householder kshatriya before the knowledge was imparted. In fact he wanted to leave the war at the time of this gyaan was given. After the knowledge was given, he remained a householder and a kshatriya - in fact he fought the war he was about to leave.

So what we understand from this - that Krsna doesnt want us to leave our prescribed duty and do something else. He says wherever you are, whatever you do, do it for Me. Since you are a student, it is your prescribed duty to study with due diligence, over and above your sadhana. One can study as a time pass, or as if life depends on it, or as a duty to Krsna. The activity of studying remains the same, the consciousness changes. What is important is that we change our consciousness. Its an internal activity as against changing our profession or career, which is more of an external activity. Krsna Consciousness is all about the journey within. Externals remain the same, until the internal consciousness changes.

I hope I am making some sense to you. Pls write back and ask if you have any questions.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Yes i do see the point of what you are saying thanks for your help :) Hare krishna 

• Lord Rshabhadeva told His sons:
    My dear boys, of all the living entities who have accepted material bodies in this world, one who has been awarded this human form should not work hard day and night simply for sense gratification, which is available even for dogs and hogs that eat stool. One should engage in penance and austerity to attain the divine position of devotional service. By such activity, one’s heart is purified, and when one attains this position, he attains eternal, blissful life, which is transcendental to material happiness and which continues forever.
This reply was deleted.