Help me 😒

Hare Krsna,

Dandvat Pranams to all dear devotees,

Glories to Srila Prabhupada,

Well, the story is very long, but I will try to summarise it. Yesterday I had very conversation with my parents where they discussed about my bhaki. The dag before, my own grandma cried with her relatives about me and my bhakti, saying im into a new religion and I worship only Krsna, slowly I will leave home and everything and so on. Then my parents somehow supported me saying that sprituality has brought positiveness into me and so on. Then they returned back.

Then in the evening we had a long 2-3 hour conversation where they said me not to do more bhakti and not to read books other wise I might become a sanyasi or bramhchari and leave my home for vrindavana. We had a very healthy conversation, where I tried to make them understand that bhakti does not require sanyasa. And they were simply talking about Shrimas Bhagvad Gita, saying its just an ordinary book! Who knows who wrote it! It might just be there. They even said Krsna is not the supreme.Β 

But then I tried my best, but at the end they resisted and concluded with me to not read further. And they have no true faiths upon Vedas or Gita. And they have never read it. I am so sad to hear such things from my own family and its very hard for me, but i still pray to Krsna and TulsiVrinda devi and Lord Narsimha for more guidance and to unfold their blind failths. Im really tired to convince them but they dont understand! What shall I do? I had a very clear conversation with them, but they dong accept it!Β 

Please provide me your opinions and replies! πŸ™πŸ™

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhu,

PAMHO.

Yes, it appears that you are very young, maybe still in school. Thats why parents are so worried about you. The thing is - they dont want to understand. They are scared that one day you will become a temple brahmacari/ your studies will get affected/ you wont get any good job or girl to marry....so many insecurities parents have.

Just be patient, continue your sadhana, and continue to be very respectful and dutiful towards them. If they appreciate, tell them you are getting it from your sadhana/ scriptures. It will take time, maybe even years, but eventually they will come around. Persevere - both in your sadhana and in your dealings with parents.

Best of luck,

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• I don't know much about you (esp. your age) and your family so I can speak only in general.
    - It's unfortunate that some Nepalis are atheists. But there are many variations of atheists: mayavadis, materialists, followers of scientism etc. Some have arguments, some just emotions.
    - Faith among people in general is largely based on emotions, not facts.
    - Your family most probably won't accept your arguments. That's a general experience of many devotees in a similar situation.
    - You will have continue in a "hidden mood". Sooner or later Sri Krisna will make some arrangements for your benefit. He says: "My devotee is never vanquished."

Hari Hari
    ys J.

This reply was deleted.