guidance

Hare krishna!respected devotees,please guide me whether idid right or wrong.
this is my story.I have been chanting 16 round for 2 years.my sadhna programme is in this way.I wake up at 3:45 am and chant upto 6 am then do mangala,then sing narsimha aarti,then tulasi arti with kirtan.After that i offer bhog to lord and finish my remained rounds.after that i read prabhupad's book for 30 minutes.This all take 4 to4&hallf hour.At afternoon ioffer bhog and in evening i do gauraarti,narsimha prayer with kirtan.Idont know proper way of aarti,ionly offer agarbatti,lamp and sing aarti with it.In evening programme my family accompanies me.this all takes 6 hours of my day.whenever i am out of home,my family members do all aarti and service.they also chant 16 rounds but till now they have not been to iskcon temple for once.they have learned all they do only from me.
Now i am doing degree engineering so i need more time for acedemic preparation.For this purpose i told my family members to do service of bhoga offering and evening programme by themselves.So i can get more time to study.but i am upset.i think ishould not miss gauraarti.Although i dont do it in proper way but it satisfies my heart.
So iwant to ask is it ok to leave such types of service to others.Please guide me.I will be gratefull if anyone gives me a copy of proper way of aartis

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Wonderful!!! Not only are you doing devotional service very nicely, you have engaged your family also, that too without their visiting any ISKCON temple to date.

Now since you are facing studies pressure, its ok to cut down on the sadhana. As long as your deities are being served and there is no issue with your famiily members, you can delegate the evening arati and bhoga services to them. You join in whenever you can.

Keep the morning sadhana intact - the barest minimum is 16 rounds and 4 regulative principles. Reading and hearing lectures are also important, as is mangala arati - pls keep up till you can. There will be phases in life when this will also appear difficult, therefore one has to keep the chanting and 4 regulative principles standard at the least.

It would help if you could be part of a youth group or bace.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• In the early 90's, I was fortunate to give HH Mahavishnu Swami a driving-tour of San Diego.  At the time I was involved in many professional music activities (which was my career at the time). Also, I was involved with several services at the Temple, and helped produce a couple of the festivals every year. AND, I was trying to keep some sort of quality sadhana and worship schedule.

I asked him what to do when I could not maintain all that I had started. With tears, I told him I was tired, but wanted to keep-up my career and devotional activities.

He told me "Rankin, you cannot contain the whole universe, only Krsna can do that."

He told me to worship Krsna best I can, and I would be fine, because I was sincere.

All Glories to Mahavishnu Swami.

• hare krishna pr,i want to know then what happened.Did krishna manage everything?

• Jaya Govind,

After talking with Maharaj, my mind was more calm.  I felt I could focus without worrying about details.  Eventually I lightened my work-load, both at the Temple and at my career.  I was fortunate to not feel "burned-out" at the end of all of it, and generally pulled-back from accepting too many services, students, or non-profitable music work in the future.

Of course, Krishna arranges everything.  But the best I can say in this situation is that Krishna sharpened my intelligence and discernment regarding my activities, through the simple words of a great guru.

• SB 11.20.32-33Everything that can be achieved by fruitive activities, penance, knowledge, detachment, mystic yoga, charity, religious duties and all other means of perfecting life is easily achieved by My devotee through loving service unto Me. If somehow or other My devotee desires promotion to heaven, liberation, or residence in My abode, he easily achieves such benedictions.

• Hare Krsna ,
    I have been through a similar kind of situation . Just please make sure that you chant your rounds and read some of KC literature .
This reply was deleted.