going to India in february march 2014 how to planify?

hare Krishna,

I humbly need your help. I plan to go to India in February March for the first time.

first can you advice me how long I should stay? Would at least 4 weeks be ok?

and also where should I go first? can you suggest an itinerary? I was planning to go to

Mayapur and also to RIshikesh where I want to practice yoga asana. can you recommend a good ashram there where  to stay?  also where else would you recommend for this length of time?

thank a lot for your help,

Patricia

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• "How long Patricia should stay  on her visit to India? " 

Reply to this simple question will be too long. If you wanna go to spiritual mines of India and dig the precious gems-of-knowledge then; you are supposed to stay comparatively a more-longer-period. It will depend on your tastes and self-chosen tests.

In India,  "AAtithi Devo Vawah"  id est  "Guest is God"  ; is the basis of social/community living.

Sic, you will get WARM WELCOME in the land-of Krishna.

ISKCON TEMPLES  are almost  in every city and big-townships of India. Everywhere Lord Krishna will help you to come across the GOOD HEARTS OF ISKCON  and kind-hear-ted citizens. And they will help and guide you to their best.

* (Idiots are in every nation. Eyes wide-open and with ready-to-raise-alarm attitude; you can travel through length and breadth of India.Undisturbed and feel-good colors.)

I glanced at the replies floated by some of the devotees.Thy have honored your request. suggested an itinerary and recommended name and address of some of the ISKCON centers. Care to visit the Spiritual Centers and Ashrams other than ISKCONS ,after consultations with the elders of the local units/chapter/s of ISKCON.

May  Lord Krishna plan,design and arrange your pleasant stay in India.

And,you won't forget to pen-down and maintain diary everyday during your short or long stay in India.

Perhaps...the experiences you will gather and encounter here may turn to be your life-time achievement and a treasure for the community we belong to........

HARE KRISHNA

• If you are going from USA you might want to contact iskcon Silicon Valley devotees as HG Vaisesikha Prabhu is taking devotees to mayapur - here are pictures from 2013 trip https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.508982865803995.107374182...

Their websIte is virtualtemple.org

Even if you are going from other parts of the world, you shouLd be able to join them
    • hello,

thank you for the info but I will depart from Germany. I hope to be in contact with devotees on the spot.

regards,

Patricia

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Patrica Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances, all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It would be better if You come with someone who knows India, otherwise it will be little difficult especially with prices.

Because when here people see white skin they charge more. So You will spend Your money.

Usually when Russian Devotees come to India first they go to Jagannatha Puri, then visit Mayapur dham then come to Vrindavan dham. 

Then from Delhi go back to Russia. Because Mathura and Vrindavan is very close to New Delhi. 

For 4 weeks no need to go to the South of India it will take time. Better You visit Holy Places in the north. When Russian Devotees decide to visit South they come for nearly 3 months or more.

Because there are lots of places in South which are Holy with several ancient Temples. 

February and March is nice time because there will be many festivals like Nityananda Trayodashi and Goura Purnima. 

But make sure that Your numbers will be reserved even from now. Because for March and February there won't be empty rooms, because of Gaura Purnima many Devotees all around the world come there. 

About Rishikish i do not know. You can visit http://holydham.com

And to know little more about India please see this blog: http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/profiles/blogs/so-coming-to-vrindavan

Your servant, 

• haribol,

thank you for your advice. I will depart from Germany and hopefully I will find someone on the spot to guide me. There are very few devotees here compared to Russia and most of them are Russian!!

regards,

Patricia

• hare krishna...u can go to vrindavana and mathura also...those r sacred and very nice ..u dont want to leave vrindavana if u go to there...

• hare krishna mataji
    if u plans to come in maharashtra then u go to pune in iskcon temple and meet great devotee his grace radheshyam prabhu
This reply was deleted.