Going Through Hell for Krishna

Hare Krishna,

A beautiful story, i tried copy-pasting in the main window but was unable to for some reasons:

The more that we are willing to go through hell for Krishna, the more Krishna sees that we truly love Him and the more we become blessed with transcendental happiness. This is very nicely illustrated by one of Krishna's pastimes.

One time Krishna pretended that He had a headache. Many physicians came to cure Him, but still His "headache" persisted. Finally He said, "No physician has been able to cure me. But if my devotee can give me the dust of his feet on my head, then I can be cured." So a messenger began approaching all of the devotees asking that them to give their foot dust to cure Krishna's headache. But nobody wanted to give. They were thinking, "If I give the dust of my feet for Krishna's head, I will go to hell." Even when Narada Muni was approached he said, "How it is possible that I shall give the dust of my feet to Krishna? No, no, no, it is not possible."

Then Krishna asked His messenger "Go to Vrindavana and ask the gopis if they can give their foot dust. They are My best friends. See if they are prepared to give some foot dust. I am very much suffering from headache." Even though nobody else was prepared to give, as soon as the gopis were approached they thought, "Oh no, my beloved Krishna is sick! Food dust is needed to cure His headache?" They immediately told the messenger, "Please take. Please take." In amazement the messenger asked them, "Aren't you afraid that by giving your foot dust to Krishna that you will go to hell?" The gopis replied, "We do not care if we go to hell by offering our dust of feet on the head of Krishna. Never mind if we shall go to hell. Let Krishna be happy. That's all. Krishna will be happy." This is the mood of the gopis. It doesn't matter to the gopis if they have to go to hell or even the whole world has to go to hell.  For them Krishna's satisfaction is all that matters. This mood of service to Krishna is called uttama bhakti, the topmost level of spiritual perfection known as pure devotional service.

Courtesy: http://www.ultimateselfrealization.com

Hari Bol!!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhuji,

I am inquiring about the source of the pastime and i will get back to you on this (if i'm able to find)

Hari Bol! Radhe Radhe

ys

• PS - Why is it that by giving the dust of their feet they would go to hell? Is that bad luck?

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances dear Devotees, 

because the feet are considered as the most dirty part of the body. At the same time is the most delicate part of the body if a person is a saint.

Why?

Because sinners all sins are collected in their feet, and on the contrary all pious results, and all results of austerities of a saint is collected under their feet. 

So because Gopis considered themselves as a lowest ones out of humility so they thought that their feet dust is not feet to be on the head of the Lord. It is great offense to touch with feet someone. What to speak of the Supreme Personality of Godhead!!!

Your servant, 

• That sounds better Mataji...thanks for your input...will keep that in mind.....it was a new concept to me :)

Hari Bol!

Ys

• Hmmm. Krishna squeezed my toe in one of my dreams.. I wonder if that was his way of saying he loves every part of us no matter what. I just thought of something else. In the little Krishna cartoons I watched recently trying to learn more about him he dances on top of the head of Kaliya and his feet are clearly special in some way with the symbols he leaves on his head. Can anyone tell me more about the signifigance of that?

• This reply was deleted.
            • Thank you for the info Sushant Desai! <3

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

i don't consider myself fit to answer this question, but thought of just giving it a try. i would request other devotees to throw some light if they have something different or even to correct me-

Most of the people i have around (in India) me are not God-Loving but God-Fearing. Since the name of the Lord is holy and the most respectable personality in the 3 worlds, they think giving foot dust would be disrespectful, which is a sin, and that may issue one a ticket to hell. (All due respect to Naradji) Naradji by being respectful to God, did not consider the other side of the coin i.e. he missed considering cure for Krishna's pain. However, this action of Naradji can also be part of the leela too, Krishna Knows :-)

Hari Bol!!

Ys

• That is exactly how I feel about Krishna. I have been asked if I am afraid of going to hell if I am wrong that Krishna is not God and a false idol and my reply is then I will go to hell because I love him. I did not know about this story. Thank you for sharing it!

This reply was deleted.