God's Arrangement

I have a question.

How do we know if something is Krsna's arrangement or if it is on us to decide? Whenever something happens to me, I feel that it is a sign from Krsna and I must let it happen. If it is not bound to happen, Krsna will do something to stop it from happening. But then I feel that there are so many options available to me and it is I who must decide what to do. Some events may even be tests given by the Lord.

In a lecture, Radhanath Swami Maharaj told an incident about Raghunath Das Swami, who was the single heir to the king of the world. He had all the fortune one could ever imagine. But he wanted to leave the material world. So he kept running away while the guards of the palace forced him to come back to the palace and rule the kingdom. He tried to run away every time. Radhanath Swamiji said that if we were in Raghunath's postition, we would have thought that it is God's arrangement and that the Lord wants us to rule the kingdom and offer the fortune to Him. But Raghunath didn't think that way, he kept on running and finally succeeded one day, and obtained renunciation.

I completely agree with Radhanath Swamiji that if it would have been me, I would have simply gave up thinking that Lord wants me to complete the duty of ruling the kingdom and I must follow Krsna consciousness while fulfilling my duty.

So I am confused. When should I think that something is being done by Lord or if it is on me to decide?

Hoping that you will shower your mercy upon me and provide me with a solution. Hare Krsna!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu,

If we analyze properly, as an expansion of our beloved Lord Krishna's marginal energy we basically have Free will to decide among two choice:

1) To serve God which is our eternal duty.

2) To enjoy independently.

Based on these root choices made using free will either we work under the influence of Lord's Superior Spiritual energy or Lord's inferior material energy. When we are under protection of Lords spiritual energy (Radha Rani) then our life and circumstances are arranged Directly by Lord himself so that we remain fixed in Him. When we chose to enjoy independently then we acquire a Materialistic body developed from mixture of three modes of material nature and all our action is decided by that. In this situation we are under control of Maya(Goddess Durga) which teaches us the same lesson hard way and after many births we come to realize reason of our misery and finally surrender unto Lotus feet of Lord. Lord Krishna says he is everything Intelligence, bewilderment, Memory, forgetfulness etc. What I have realized is that if we have realized that we are eternal servant to Lord and we want to serve him then there is no need to think of anything or to be confused because rest all is done by him as he is also the inspiration from within. Out of his causeless Mercy he takes control of our senses and makes us follow his plan, because he is arranger of everything known or unknown to us, so that we return to him although we may not realize this as its impossible for us to Understand Krishna's Grand Plans. So just swim in the ocean of love for God and relax.

I hope this helps

Servant of Servant of Servant of Krishna

• Hare Krsna prabhu.

pamho

Yes,, it definitely does help. Thank you so much, prabhu!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

first we have to recognize our own position:

who we are in the varna and who we are in the ashram.

And accordingly act.

If we are Brahmachari then our duty is to study, preach, live under the guidance of a Spiritual Master.

if we are Grihastha we have to take care of our family members in Krishna Consciousness and make them Krishna Conscious.

if we are doctor we cure people from disease....if we are teacher we teach...

And when we attain 50 years and when our children are grown up we accept Vanaprastha ashram then if on can sannyasa.

In this way first we have to know ourselves. And if we act accordingly it means we are in the right path. As Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita that one should do his own duties rather then others'.

And if we even though do not know who we are then we can ask our mentors. and take advice from them.

Renunciation is not an external thing it is internal. One can be a saint even performing his external duties but within always chanting   and thinking of Krishna.

Because of that this is called Krishna Consciousness.

Your servant, 

• Volunteer

Raghunath  Das Swami was madly in love with Krishna. He couldn't even bear the sight of this material world. In spite of facing so may impediments, he would stick to loving Krishna. So, Krishna finally arranged things in such a way so that His devotee could be successful in attaining Him. The decision should be made by us, Krishna or world. We are all His choice. Only we have to choose Him and He will come to take us. Even if a person stays with family but at the same time is devoted to Krishna, he will attain Krishna too. In Chaitanya Charitamrita,we find many household devotees who were also great servants of Krishna. If one can love Krishna and sticks to chanting His Name, he can attain Him even while staying within the household. Such is the glory and power of His 'arrangement'.

• Thank you Gourab Prabhu. It is really helpful.

Hare Krsna!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna!!! We will be having many options in our life. But our choice must be made for Krishna and Krishna provides His devotees with the intelligence to make progress in kc. He takes test of our devotion and if the devotee strongly sticks to it, He opens all the paths, traversing which we can attain Him easily. Krishna's arrangement and Maya's arrangement are put before us. Now, it is we who must decide which to take!! Here, is the test!!! If we pass, Krishna will surely take us to His kingdom!!!

This reply was deleted.