Gita Press

Hare Krishna ,

Yesterday i went to Gita Press , i saw various scriptures and upnishad from which Prabhupada used to quote ,

I saw Bhagavad Gita Bhashya of Shankara ,

and many puranas and various things , all books were dedicated to Sri Hari .

The most important thing that ashtonished me was Chaitanya Lila printed by Gita Press .

I felt there that Mahaprabhu was for all , as when we propagate Krishna is for all .

Is writing Chaitanya Lila is in respect to money making or really propagating Mahaprabhu message ?

Well majority of people give their own thoughts , hence Prabhupada books are best .

Whats your thought on this ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Kaliyuga's people will not find Guru deva  A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami till end of the yuga...we are very lucky.

• what?

• Volunteer

I was hearing one lecture of HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj in which maharaj was saying that when Srila Prabhupada came to west, there were more than 100 different translations of BG and there were many people who had read that even before Srila Prabhupada arrived in US. But none of them really transformed any ones heart. So there was no value of those translations. However, Srila Prabhupada's translation of BG as it is is such a masterpiece that even after 40+ years after its initial publishing, people are still reading it and trying to implement in their life.

I have heard from devotees that Srila Prabhupaada also referred to Srimad Bhagavatam from Gorokpur press. However we need to understand 2 things here is that the sanskrit shlokas and its translation is ALMOST same in all the books published by different publishers, and knowing this, SP only referred to the verses from such like publishers. Well that was Srila Prabhupada and its Ok for some one at his level to do that. But we should be very careful about reading from unauthorized writers who are not in a bonafide sampradaya. That is the essence to learn vedic knowledge.

Srila Prabhupada knew that its not possible for degraded people of kaliyuga like us to read and understand the vedas, puranas, upanishids etc and that is why he did not translate those literature. This has been confirmed even by Srila Vyasadev in SB itself that he himself was not feeling content even after writing all these scriptures. The MOST important scripture for us to read and understand is  Sri Chaitnya Charitaamruta but before we read this, we must make our qualification which is done by reading BG and SB. However, anything that we need to learn from other scriptures have been rightly quoted by SP himself in all these books.

In our local language there is a saying according to which it says that we should not hit our head to a wall to test if our head is heard enough or not. Similarly, no matter what level we are in, lets not go to such publishers to read shastras. Please forgive me if I have offended any one.

Hari bol!!!

• Hare Krshna

my Pranams to all.

rightly stated that Mahaprabhu is for all as Lord Krshna is for all, because they are one and the same.

Chaitanya Leela by Geeta press is not a newly published book for money making sake. I read it much before I read any text from prabhupaad. Geeta press is a very old press printing God conscious literature at very very subsidized rates, hence definitely its motive is not money making. Often in their books one can see reference to Mahaprabhu as he was forerunner of Sankirtan movement . I have equal respect to both Prabhupad's book and Geeta press books.

I totally accept that  to stay focused on path of devotion one must stick to bona-fide parampara.

please excuse any offenses made.

Hari Hari

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Prabhuji.Dandavat Pranam. All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Better to follow bonafide Guru Parampara, else we may be mislead.

Your aspiring Servant

||Krishna Consciousness is light rest are nescience||

• Volunteer

yes, bona fide Parampara!

We have to check who gave commentary and who translated those books. Because to translate from Sanskrit is also very major part. So many different meanings. Because Sanskrit is intelligent language. At the same time with few words can give instruction to 3 kinds of people:

people in the mode of ignorance

in the mode of passion

and in the mode of goodness.

Your servant, 

• prabhudatta brahmachari

This reply was deleted.