E-Counselor

Gita Jayanti

Today is Gita Jayanti, the day the Bhagawad Gita was spoken by Lord Krsna to Arjuna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra. It is a very auspicious day.

Ideally, everyone should read the entire 700 shlokas of Bhagawad Gita today - takes roughly 3 to 3.5 hours if you sing only shlokas. If you do not have that much time, read one chapter of Gita. If you do not have time for that also, then please read Shlokas 8 - 11 of Chapter 10 of the Gita.

YOu can access online also - www.asitis.com; www.vedabase.com; www.vedabase.net.

Please read and pass this message on to everyone you know. Reading 4 shlokas is not that difficult and will give immense benefits.

Haribol,

YOurs in service,

Rashmi

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna!

Thank you Rashmi ji, for reminding us. It is a pleasure to in the company of like minded souls.

I shall ingrain these verses in my heart....

I am the source of all spiritual and material worlds. Everything emanates from Me. The wise who know this perfectly engage in My devotional service and worship Me with all their hearts.

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are surrendered to Me, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss enlightening one another and conversing about Me.

To those who are constantly devoted and worship Me with love, I give the understanding by which they can come to Me.

Out of compassion for them, I, dwelling in their hearts, destroy with the shining lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna,

Thank you for your comments.

I wanted to add something - every day lunch time, one colleague and I read (now) Srimad Bagawatam in office, having completed Gita and Isopanishad. Today, on an impulse, I told some office ladies about Gita Jayanti and 5 of them came to my place and we read the chatu shloki Gita twice - 10.8 to 10.11. I am feeling so elated. I wish I could make everyone in office read.

My purpose of writing this is to encourage everyone to make who ever is around us to either buy or sponsor a Gita and/or read these 4 shlokas so taht everyone around us benefits.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Happy Gita Jayanthi Mataji..

• Thanks a lot for sharing mataji.....Haribol
  • Hari Bol! Mataji. I am organizing a sat sang today and shall try to cover few chapters for the pleasure of sri guru and Gauranga. Tq for giving us the inspiration.
This reply was deleted.