Replies

• SB 5.26.21, Purport:

The sexual urge is so strong that sometimes a man indulges in sexual relations with a cow, or a woman indulges in sexual relations with a dog. Such men and women are put into the hell known as Vajrakaṇṭaka-śālmalī. The Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement forbids illicit sex. From the description of these verses, we can understand what an extremely sinful act illicit sex is. Sometimes people disbelieve these descriptions of hell, but whether one believes or not, everything must be carried out by the laws of nature, which no one can avoid.

Srimad-Bhagavatam Lectures

A man has become devotee, at the same time smoking—this is ludicrous. This is ludicrous. A devotee cannot smoke, cannot indulge in intoxication, nor illicit sex or meat... They cannot. That is disqualification. That means he's not on the platform. This is the practical.
      Lecture on SB 1.2.12 -- Vrndavana, October 23, 1972:

So human life is not meant for that purpose. It is a chance given by the nature's way. Aśītiṁ caturaś caiva lakṣāṁs tāñ jīva-jātiṣu. Eight million, four hundred thousands forms of life we are passing through. Nature has given a chance, this human form of body, especially civilized form of body... (aside:) Hmm? Don't do that. What is the purpose? Just like try to understand, a government servant, a big minister or M.P.'s, they're given all facilities of living condition, good bungalow, nice salary, servant. What is the purpose? The purpose is that with cool brain, satisfied mind, they'll do, be able to render valuable service to the administration. That is the purpose. Similarly, human being has been given so much facilities. The grains, the fruits, the flowers, the milk, intelligence to construct nice house, nice road, nice cities. The cats and dogs, they cannot do it. Why? You live peacefully and try to understand the value of life. Not that we get more facilities for bodily comfort and we engaged ourself in sense gratification. No.

Just like in the Western world, they have been endowed with so much facilities of comfortable life, but because they do not know how to utilize the comfortable situation of life, there is so much chaos and confusion. The so rich nations, young boys and girls, they are turning to be hippies. Because they do not find... It is hackneyed. The same wine, same women, and same motorcar and same road, it has become disgusting. That is the nature's way. Because human life is not meant for that purpose. Human life is meant for, as it is said in the Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, jīvasya tattva-jijñāsā nārtho yaś ceha karmabhiḥ. You are working so hard... You are so working hard... Why? Is it meant for simply sense gratification and satisfying the bodily needs? That is being done by the hogs and dogs. The... We see the hogs and dogs, they are always busy. So this human form of life is not meant for that purpose. Jīvasya tattva-jijñāsā. Earn money, but... Be comfortable, but utilize time—tattva-jijñāsā, athāto brahma jijñāsā. That is your aim of life.

So this has been described in the previous verses: jīvasya tattva-jijñāsā nārtho yaś ceha karmabhiḥ. If you have no program for tattva-jijñāsā, then why should you work so hard? Food is available for birds and beasts. You have also your food. That is already there, destined by nature's way, by God's arrangement. Eko bahūnāṁ yo vidadhāti kāmān. God provides food just before your birth. A child takes birth; the mother, young mother, has no milk on the breast a minute ago. But as soon as the child is born, immediately there is profuse milk in the breast of the mother. That is the nature's arrangement. Before birth, the food, the child immediately require, the mother's breast, there is milk supply immediately. So by God's arrangement, the economic position is already arranged. Our only business is tattva-jijñāsā.

What is that tattva? Brahmeti paramātmeti bhagavān iti śabdyate (SB 1.2.11). The original cause of everything, the cause of all causes. That is already mentioned in the Vedas, that Kṛṣṇa:

īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ
      sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ
      anādir ādir govindaḥ
      sarva-kāraṇa-kāraṇam
      (Bs. 5.1)

The cause of all causes. Why you have come to this material world? Why you are under the threefold miserable condition of life: adhyātmika, adhibhautika, adhidaivika. These things are to be inquired. "I do not wish to die, but death is forced upon me. I do not want to become old man. Old age is forced upon me." So these are the inquiries, tattva-jijñāsā. But they are not interested. Neither educational department, nor any other department. They are simply interested, "Where is money? Where is money? Where is money?" Divā cārthehayā rājan kuṭumba-bharaṇena vā (SB 2.1.3). We are spoiling our night simply by sleeping. And, and those who have got sex facilities, they enjoying sex life. This is the night's engagement. And day's engagement, "Where is money? Where is money? Where is money?" And if we get money, then how to spend it for relatives, for sons, children. That's all. Divā cārthehayā rājan.

So in this way we shall not spoil our life. The life's purpose is different. They do not know. The modern civilization do not know what is the purpose of life. Na te viduḥ svārtha-gatiṁ hi viṣṇum (SB 7.5.31). They are trying to make adjustment, political situation, social situation in so many problems. The United Nations, they're trying to solve the problems of whole nation, but still the war is going on between such and such party, such and such party, and everyone busy in politics and diplomacy. This way, the problems of life cannot be solved. If there is any solution of the problems of life, it is actually this Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement. Those who are intelligent, they should study the purpose of Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement and try to apply in all fields of activities—political, social, religious, anything, economical. Everything can be solved. Jīva, jīvasya tattva-jijñāsā. This is called inquiry, inquisitiveness about the Absolute Truth.

Now this verse is describing how one can become interested in the values of life. The values of life is to inquire the Absolute Truth, how this inclination can be developed or how Kṛṣṇa consciousness can be developed. Tattva-jijñāsā means Brahman, Paramātmā, and Bhagavān, Kṛṣṇa. Now how this inclination... There is inclination in everyone, but by artificial means, they have been checked. Otherwise, normally, this inclination is there in everyone's heart. Nitya-siddha kṛṣṇa-bhakti sādhya kabhu naya. It is not an artificial imposition. Naturally there is tendency to know, if he's a sane man, "What I am? What is God? What is my relationship with Him? Why I am suffering?" There are so many questions. So here it is suggested that if you are actually serious about tattva-jijñāsā, to understand the Absolute Truth, this is the process. What is that? Tat śraddadhānāḥ. Śraddhā. Śraddhā means that at least to understand that "These people are doing some nice things." Just like in Europe and America, the papers are now discussing about our Movement. They say, "They are nice people, and we want more of them." At least, they are saying like that. Yes. "These Hare Krishna people, they are very nice, and we want more of them." And in Berkeley, when our procession was taken, the neighboring shopkeepers, they remarked that "These people are not window-breaking crowd." Because as soon as there is some crowd, or procession, immediately they begin to break the windows and throw stones. That is, that has become a custom. So when they see that these people are very peaceful... Even the police, they also give certificate that "We don't have to take much worries to control this crowd," when our Ratha-yātrā festival go.

So actually, this is the fact. Yasyāsti bhaktir bhagavaty akiñcanā sarvair guṇais tatra samāsate surāḥ (SB 5.18.12). If one develops Kṛṣṇa consciousness, devotion to Kṛṣṇa, then naturally, without any separate endeavor, all the good qualities will develop. This is the symptom how one is advancing in Kṛṣṇa consciousness. That means all the good qualities will be visible in his character. That is practical. Anyone can test. Just like these boys, these girls, European, American boys and girls who have taken to this Kṛṣṇa consciousness, just see how their bad habits have been altogether stopped. Sarvair guṇais tatra samāsate surāḥ. All good qualities will develop. You see practically. You see practically. These young boys and girls, they never asked me that "Give me some money. I shall go to cinema," or "I shall purchase a packet of cigarettes. I shall drink." No. This is practical. And everyone knows that from the very their birth, they are accustomed to eat meat, and... I do not know from the very beginning whether they are accustomed to take intoxicants. But actually they were habituated to these things, but they have altogether given up. They don't drink tea even, coffee, cigarettes, anything. Sarvair guṇais tatra samāsate... This is the test. A man has become devotee, at the same time smoking—this is ludicrous. This is ludicrous. A devotee cannot smoke, cannot indulge in intoxication, nor illicit sex or meat... They cannot. That is disqualification. That means he's not on the platform. This is the practical.

So tat śraddadhānāḥ. The first thing is śraddhā. Ādau śraddhā. That is the beginning of Kṛṣṇa conscious life. Rūpa Gosvāmī has given this formula that in order to attain to the perfectional stage of life, how to love God,... Kṛṣṇa consciousness movement means that we are try, teaching people how to love God. This is the sum and substance. Unfortunately, people have no idea of God, who is God, what is His form... Generally, they think God has no form. If anyone has advanced little in spiritual life, they come to the point of nirākāra, or nirviśeṣa-brahman, formless. That is the first step in Brahman realization. We have already described this. But beyond that they don't want to proceed. They think this is fac..., this is final, to realize the impersonal feature of the Absolute Truth, that is final. That is Māyāvāda philosophy. No, that is not final. Still you have to advance, realize Paramātmā. Still you have to advance, realize God, the Supreme Personality of God.

So we are teaching people how to love the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That means one who has surpassed the realm of Brahman and Paramātmā, they can realize, they can understand what is the process of loving God. If they have no idea of God, then whom to love? You cannot love air or sky. You must have form. But they have no idea what is the form of God. Therefore śāstra says, "Here is form." Īśvaraḥ paramaḥ kṛṣṇaḥ sac-cid-ānanda-vigrahaḥ (Bs. 5.1). Vigraha means form. Without form, how we can love? So to come to that perfectional stage, how to love God, this is our philosophy. How to love God. Sa vai puṁsāṁ paro dharmo yato bhaktir adhokṣaje (SB 1.2.6). That is first-class religious system which helps the followers to come to the point to love God. That is first-class religion.

sa vai puṁsāṁ paro dharmo
      yato bhaktir adhokṣaje
      ahaituky apratihatā
      yayātmā suprasīdati
      (SB 1.2.6)

If you want actually peace and tranquillity, ātmā, of your self, of your mind, of your body, everything fully, then this is the process. This is the aim, how to love God.

Srimad-Bhagavatam

SB Canto 6

The Viṣṇudūtas had given Ajāmila the chance to become a pure devotee, and the duty of a pure devotee is to regret his past sinful activities in illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling.
      SB 6.2.27, Translation and Purport:

Alas, all condemnation upon me! I acted so sinfully that I degraded my family tradition. Indeed, I gave up my chaste and beautiful young wife to have sexual intercourse with a fallen prostitute accustomed to drinking wine. All condemnation upon me!

This is the mentality of one who is becoming a pure devotee. When one is elevated to the platform of devotional service by the grace of the Lord and the spiritual master, one first regrets his past sinful activities. This helps one advance in spiritual life. The Viṣṇudūtas had given Ajāmila the chance to become a pure devotee, and the duty of a pure devotee is to regret his past sinful activities in illicit sex, intoxication, meat-eating and gambling. Not only should one give up his past bad habits, but he must always regret his past sinful acts. This is the standard of pure devotion.

• HARI BOL

JAI SRILA A.C. BHAKTIVEDANTA SWAMI PRABHUPADA, ACHARYAS, VAISHNAVAS AND LORD!

DANIEL JI!

THIS TIME I APPRECIATE YOUR WORDS. YOU CAME TO KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS TO GET AWAY FROM HOMOSEX. I ALSO CAME TO GET AWAY FROM HETEROSEXUAL LUST.

NOW I FOUND MORE THAN SIMPLY AUSTERITY AND PURITY IN KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS.

BUT YOU HAVE MADE CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS:

1) "gays" and "heterosexuals" alike

You are speaking as if on spiritual platform. Good.

2) born as a gender or sexually variant person

You are accepting the fact that you are on material platform. I am too. But this is contradictory.

Materially, there is difference between homosexuals and heterosexuals. Heterosexuals can be divided into licit sex and illicit sex. Licit sex for non devotees mean repaying the debt to forefathers by begotting a good progeny who will offer oblations to forefather. You might not have heard this as you are thinking marriage is just to minimize animal propensity of mating. Licit sex for devotees mean bringing a Vaishnava to spread Harinama.  Srila Prabhupada said if you can produce brahmana or Vaishnava, not cats and dogs, then beget 100s of children. Illicit sex means rape, this is certainly lower than homosex. But homosex is not at all comparable to licit sex between husband and wife. marriage is much more than mating, a responsibilty, and a way to repay debt towards forefathers in karma kanda. Spiritually, also Heterosex can help in Krsna consciousness by serving Krsna through producing Vaishnava children.

• NOW I FOUND MORE THAN SIMPLY AUSTERITY AND PURITY IN KRSNA CONSCIOUSNESS.

Yes :)  Me too...

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean by contradictory in those statements, but I definitely am understanding your point of view a bit better now! I think we agree on most things.

Thank you for your nice response! 

Hare Krishna

• Haribol, Please Accept My Humble Obeisances

I am inclined to agree with Ankit.

In order to make spiritual advancement it is important to know what your nature is, to accept your nature and to live according to your nature. I think the reality is that no two individuals are alike and no two circumstances are alike. While it may be possible for one person to change there sexuality we cannot and should not expect that this is possible for everyone.  We should take each devotee as a unique case and deal with them according to the particular circumstances of their situation.

For some, living with a same sex partner in a monogamous relationship may be the best option, because it enables them to at least regulate their sex life and work towards diminishing they're sexual needs over time.  We cannot pretend to be something we are not. We cannot lie to Krishna and to ourselves and still make spiritual advancement.  I think for most people sexuality is something they are born with and it cannot REALISTICALLY be changed through prayer or chanting. Even if one theoretically CAN change their sexuality through intense sadhana, this may not be a realistic option for some souls given their particular circumstances. Also, attempting to change one's sexuality has been shown to be very damaging emotionally and spiritually for many in the Christian gay conversion movement. There have recently been testominials from some recovering "ex-gays" about how harmful this practice was for them.

Another fact, which I admittedly do not have the exact scriptural reference for: Srila Prabhupada said that all souls are in fact "female". Krishna is the only "male". Therefore, why should it surprize us that many males are psychologically more on the female end of the spectrum?

• P.S. Apolgoies for my grammatical/spelling errors. I was in such a haste to post a reply that I didn't take the time to proof-read it.

• SB Canto 3

SB 3.20.26, Translation and Purport

Lord Brahmā, approaching the Lord, addressed Him thus: My Lord, please protect me from these sinful demons, who were created by me under Your order. They are infuriated by an appetite for sex and have come to attack me.

It appears here that the homosexual appetite of males for each other is created in this episode of the creation of the demons by Brahmā. In other words, the homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane male in the ordinary course of life.

Lectures

Arrival Addresses and Talks

Arrival -- Chicago, July 3, 1975:

Prabhupāda: That is not enjoyment. Just like sex indulgence. If you indulge in more than necessary, then you will be impotent. Nature will stop. You know impotency? That will be there. Impotency. This homosex is also another sign of impotency. They do not feel sex impulse to woman. They feel sex impulse in man. That means he is impotent. It is impotency. So things are coming so rubbish now. This is the time for preaching our program, standard. Then?

Nitāi: "For example, marriage, or the combination of a man with a woman, is necessary for progeny, but it is not meant for sense enjoyment."

Prabhupāda: Now this progeny is bother. It is sense enjoyment, homosex. Progeny, they don't want. They're not interested. Only sense gratification. This is another sign of impotency. When after enjoying so many women, they become impotent, then they artificially create another sex impulse in homosex. This is the psychology. So people are degraded so much. Especially in the... Everywhere, not specially this or that. Everywhere. This is Kali-yuga. But thoughtful leaders, they are thinking, "What to do?" That's very good sign.

Conversation with the GBC -- May 25, 1972, Los Angeles:

Devotee: Do you want us to make more zones now, Śrīla Prabhupāda?

Prabhupāda: You make ourself. Because thirteen, you are making now thirteen. You make thirteen.

Devotee: No, actually there's twelve, and Bali-mardana is staying at the press and he is going to travel around. We want to increase and make more...

Prabhupāda: That's all right, that's all right. Bali-mardana will be stagnant.

Śyāmasundara: He can oversee some foreign...

Prabhupāda: Yes, he has this book department. Book department and... They may move according to convenience, Bali-mardana and Karandhara. He has got also very responsibility, with this department, that department. He has to purchase small houses. So big brain (indistinct). So similarly, you also think on the books. Everyone take big responsibility. Then we have to serve this mission. The people are foolish, they have forgotten God. We are delivering them. Best service. And without God, it is all useless, zero, all this civilization. Zero. Whatever they are making advancement, it is all zero. And nonsense. But actually it is. Now the priestly order supporting homosex. I was surprised. They are going to pass resolution for getting married between man to man. The human society has come down to such a degraded position. It is astonishing. When I heard from Kīrtanānanda Mahārāja there is a big conference for passing this resolution. In India still, if there somebody hears about homosex (makes sound of breathing out). Homosex is there but nobody will support publicly. (indistinct) People are going down and this is the subject matter for priestly order? It may be subject matter for the legislator, priestly order, they are discussing for one week. Just imagine. Phalena paricīyate, one has to study by the result. Not that superficially you show that "We are very much advanced." Phalena, what is the result? Phalena paricīyate, your, that is in English word also, end justifies the means. The end is this (indistinct) "We are going to support homosex." Getting married. There are many cases the priestly order has actually got married. I read it in that paper, Watch, what is called?

Devotees: Watchtower.

Prabhupāda: Watchtower. They have complained(?). So we have nothing to (indistinct) them. The world is degrading to the lowest status, even less than animal. The animal also do not support homosex. They have never sex life between male to male. They are less than animal. People are becoming less than animal. This is all due to godlessness. Harāv abhaktasya kuto mahad-guṇā (SB 5.18.12), godless civilization cannot have any good qualities. Harāv abhaktasya kuto mahad-guṇā mano rathena asato dhāvato... They simply go to the untruth by mental speculation.

Morning Walk -- May 14, 1975, Perth:

Prabhupāda: Yes. And the whole day they are making solution. This is their means of earning money. I have seen it. (pause) (chuckles) He has taken that word very seriously, "fourth-class men." The whole civilization is condemned and producing fourth-class men. And that's a fact.

Amogha: The intelligent man will have to admit it.

Prabhupāda: Yes.

Amogha: With all the universities and high-class schools they're simply producing...

Prabhupāda: Fourth-class men.

Amogha: Yeah.

Prabhupāda: They are discussing in the university homosex. They are advanced. Advancement of education. Just see. They are not even fourth-class men; they are animals, producing so many animals, that's all, dogs and hogs. (break) ...in the beginning śamaḥ. Śamaḥ, damaḥ-first two business. Control the sense and keep the mind undisturbed. That is the beginning. Now they are so much sexually disturbed, they're discussing about the profit of homosex. Where is first-class men?

Amogha: They say that homosex keeps the balance of things because...

Prabhupāda: Yes, fourth-class man can say anything wrong, bad, but we are not going to hear of it. A fourth-class man's philosophy, we will have to waste our time to hear them—that's not good. They are not even fourth class; they are animal class. Fourth class has got some position, but they are narādhama, the lowest of the mankind. So what is their philosophy, and who is going to spoil his time to hear about their philosophy?

ALTHOUGH I AM NOT FIT TO SAY ABOUT SPIRITUALITY, I REPEAT THE WORDS OF SRILA PRABHUPADA THAT HOMOSEX IS LOWER THAN ANIMAL LEVEL. 

THE WORDS OF ACHARYAS ARE ITSELF SASTRA. SO, ALL LETURES AND CONVERSATIONS OF HIS DIVINE GRACE ARE CERTAINLY AS PURE AND AUTHENTIC AS SCRIPTURES.

HARE KRISHNA

HARI BOL

JAI NITAI GAURAHARI

JAI ACHARYAJAN JAI VAISHANAVAS Mata ji!

• Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obeisance,

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad,

From all this..does it all infer it is demonic and not permitted in shastras?

Haribol

• HARI BOL

MATA JI!

JAI ACHARYAS JAI VAISHNAVAS

GLORIES TO  SRILA PRABHUPADA

PLEASE ACCEPT HUMBLE OBEISANCES!

YES. IT IS DEMONAIC. IT IS NEVER PERMITTED EVEN FOR LOWEST HUMANS.

Shrimad Bhagavatam 3.20.26:
        pahi mam paramatmams te
        presanenasrjam prajah
        ta ima yabhitum papa
        upakramanti mam prabho

TRANSLATION By Shrila Prabhupada:
        ;Lord Brahma, approaching the Lord, addressed Him thus: My Lord, please protect me from these sinful demons, who were created by me under Your order. They are infuriated by an appetite for sex and have come to attack me.;

PURPORT
        It appears here that the homosexual appetite of males for each other is created in this episode of the creation of the demons by Brahma. In other words, the homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane male in the ordinary course of life.

Foolish and sinful men engage in all forms of sexual intercourse without a female womb, forcing themselves upon other men. They are born again without their organs as neuters.; (Mahabharata 13.145.52)

We should not think of a person, especially a devotee, as a homosexual. We should not say, So-and-so dasa is a homosexual. He is actually a person, a spirit soul. No one is an alcoholic or a psychotic or any other such designation. The con­ditioned soul may have certain tendencies, in­cluding a tendency for homosexuality, but by constitutional nature we are all eternal servants of the Lord, pure and blissful. When I was a teenager, the first book I ever read about homosexuality described it as a disease. The psychiatrist told how he cured his patients of their homosexual tendency. This view might be con­sidered somewhat old-fashioned, since nowadays people more likely accept the premise that they are homosexually oriented and that such an orien­tation cannot be changed. 

Even if we grant the premise that someone is a homosexual, there is still a course of action if he or she wishes to make advancement in spiritual life. Srila Prabhupada was approached a number of times by devotees who told him of this tendency. His response was that the person should be mar­ried. He never endorsed homosexual activity. He used to repeat, with disgust and criticism, a story he had read that a sect in the Christian church gave sanction to homosexual marriage. And he has written in a purport:

It appears here that the homosexual appetite of males for each other is created in this episode of the creation of the demons by Brahma. In other words, the homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane male in the ordinary course of life.—Bhag. 3.20.26 purport

Srila Prabhupada saw homosexual tendencies as excessive and perverted lust. The legitimate cor­rection for lust is self-control and purification by religious marriage. If a person of homosexual tendency thinks it is impossible to be married to the opposite sex, then he or she is faced with only one other alternative: celibacy. These are the same two alternatives that Srila Prabhupada wrote to me in a letter when I had mentioned to him of my sex agitation. He said one can either engage oneself fully in Krsna conscious­ness, and thus lose all desire for sex, or become religiously married. But no immoral sex. .

A person who has been an active homosexual or feels that he or she is inherently a homosexual should respond to this by accepting a life of full celibacy. The so-called curse can therefore become a blessing. In order to lead a life of celibacy, such a person may have to make certain adjustments in mixing with persons of the same sex. The same general principle holds: one should not associate intimately with persons with whom one is likely to be sexually attracted. This is true not only of homosexuals but of all celibates. They should avoid genital sex as well as pregenital sexual behavior, and this implies avoiding personal relationships of human affection which are likely to be genitally expressed. (By Satsvarupa Dasa Goswami)

Neither heterosexuality nor homosexuality are natural.; Heterosexual desire is a perverted reflection of our original love for Krsna and homosexuality is another twist. Srila Prabhupada: The homosexual appetite of a man for another man is demoniac and is not for any sane man in the ordinary course of life.; (SB 3.20.26)

Due to the influence of Kali-yuga, homosexuality is now a common problem. As Kali-yuga advances we will have to accommodate more and more people with past perverse lives and give them the opportunity for purification. If homosexuals sincerely come to Krsna consciousness, what advice should we give them?

In the Vedic culture, heterosexual desires can be accommodated within the grhastha-asrama, but there is no scope for accommodating homosexual desires. Srila Prabhupada recommended marriage (to a woman!) for a disciple with homosexual desires. This advice may not seem very practical, for the homosexual's attraction is to men rather than women. But homosexual or heterosexual, the disease is lust. Homosexuality means that the lust has increased to an abnormally high degree. Marriage means to channel that lust in a manner acceptable within the Vedic culture.

Anyway, homosexuals coming to Krsna consciousness will need special guidance from senior devotees. The homosexual must be understood as an individual person and be given proper facility after frank discussion. He should understand his condition to be especially fallen, but should be confident that by Krsna consciousness, all difficulties can be overcome. And other devotees should be sympathetic and understanding with such sincere souls. We must be compassionate, but we cannot sacrifice our standards of purity. (By Bhakti Vikasa Swami)

1) Yes, both homosexual and heterosexual desires are a perversion of the souls original love for Krishna. 

2) With subtle sexuality I referred to psychological exchanges motivated by conscious and/or subconscious sex desire. Both heterosexual and homosexual desires are perversions of the soul’s original love for God, but in the conditioned state the natural flow of the sex impulse is towards the opposite sex. Therefore homosexual desires are a further perversion. One that can’t be engaged in devotional service.

3) “The only actual difference between homosexual acts and heterosexual acts is the fact that sexual intercourse resulting in pregnancy requires a male body and a female body. For example, the whole mentality of a person suffering the disease of being homosexual influences that person’s environment in a negative way, a way that brings no one closer to Krishna. On the other hand the mentality of a heterosexual who engages his or her desires in the service of Krishna can elevate others. 

4) In the conditioned state a homosexual person can, via sadhana-bhakti, get his or her perverted sex desire redirected to the natural object in the conditioned stage which is the opposite sex and then from that point engage that desire in the service of Krishna (sex life not contrary to religious scripture) and ultimately totally transcend all sex desires. 

5) Homosexuality is a disease and can be cured by sadhana-bhakti. Both the homosexual inclination of a devotee and the sexual desires and impulses (resulting in acts) can be cured by Naam bhajana.

6) The heterosexual disease is not so bad, because it can be engaged in Krishna's service by producing devotee progeny whereas homosexuals disease is a further perversion. A soul conditioned by homosexual desires is, at least when it comes to sex, more degraded than a soul conditioned by heterosexual desires.

7) Sex purely with the purpose of creating Krishna conscious offspring is devotional service. This facility to use sex desire in the Lord's service is not available in homosexuality.

If one claims to be exercising “compassion without following the Vedic Shastric version of compassion, their conclusions, statements, and actions are erroneous. Worse, they are in themselves an act of violence.

Compassion upon an individual is not displayed by applauding the development of a sinful principle into a lifestyle that is meant to be accepted and admired by the general population to the point where spiritualists and transcendentalists who see such behavior as a symptom of a sinful mentality are considered a “danger to society. I suggest it is this kind of approach that is the real danger. (Ajita Krishna dasa)

• Homosexuality is a disease...please give me a break! your sense of mind must be in a disease state, what a fanatical statement!!!!

• A diseased mind thinks that a sane mind is diseased.

This reply was deleted.