Flat earth confusion

Dear Sir/Ma`am, 
Hinduism believes in a flat earth. In fact even Buddhism and some other religions. 

Talking about Vedas and Hinduism, it is believed that the scriptures were narrated by god himself and it is not possible that they can be untrue. 

How is it possible to believe in a flat earth in today's time ? Since we know that the earth is not flat, that part of the Vedas seem false. So does that not mean that the entire Vedas is false ? 

Please send some knowledge with regard to this. 

Thank You

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nowhere in Hindu books it is written that Earth is flat. As rightly said by Radha Rasamayi "bhu" means earth & "gol" means sphere. 

Those who are saying or thinking earth is flat are mad. Wasting time of themselves and others. It is pure wastage of time. Total nonsense. Neither  our earth is flat nor any idiot make it flat by any tool. Topic closed forever. Forget it.

• Nowhere in the scriptures is it written 'hindu ' or 'hindu books'Total nonsense. Topic closed forever. Forget it.

• Hari Bolo Prabhus!

I got dragged into this study of the flat earth simply because the person who has written so much promoting it happens to have the same name as myself although I believe I am the only disciple of Srila Prabhupada with the name mayesvara.

When I returned from India last year I flew from Moscow to Los Angeles and for the entire flight, all I could see out the window was snow.   This is NOT what one would expect to see according to the maps the flat earth people promote as an alternative to the round earth model.  For more pragmatic comments on this topic I invite you all to read the article I wrote not to long ago called:  

Plates or Balls? (Commentary about Flat Earth)

http://akincana.net/2018/06/07/plates-or-balls/

Thank you for your patience.

mayesvara dasa ACBSP

• Kunwar.

But Krishna consciousness is not a belief. It is a method we can test and get the results. Just like FLAT EARTH . Both are obviously and observable true.

How is it possible in 2018 after all the flat earth research and proof that has been done, to  beLIEve in a ball earth or  not to KNOW the earth is flat. 

You or nobody knows the earth is NOT flat they just think they know and believe they know and have a belief in the religion called scientism. SEEMS false to you because you have that religion of scientism. Krishna said abandon all varieties of  religion. So no it does not mean the Veda is false, it means it is true, the earth is flat.  Anyone can see this from  any height the  horizon  is flat at eye level and water does not curve it finds its own level  and if you research you can add so  much more. look for FLAT EARTH CLUES / ERIC DUBAY 200 proofs we don't  live on a spinning ball / If that not enough proof I will show you FE on video , Subscribe to my YT channel.

Please copy/paste/share.
    FLAT EARTH/ ULTIMATE KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS ANSWERS
    YouTube
  • I'm leaning towards longitude lattatude & round. Rotating on it's polls around the Sun! & what about Snapshots from the Space platform? Besides this, our
    relationships are still reliant upon our own appropriate association with one another flat or round, Darma is the most-eternal relidgen
    • ShaktimanaNasa.

Then you don't  accept the Veda, you lean  towards people that Srila Prahupada told you are  lying about  going  to the moon and you obviously have not done any research at all, just accepting what  the world tells you , a world that he told  you are made  up of the cheaters and the cheated. Try and find a real photo of this space platform you talk about, you won't find a single one, all  CGI , ask yourself who took those supposed photos and keep  researching, Do you want a relationship with NASA  OR KRISHNA ?    Spining ball what a joke, you will thank me for it. Hare Krishna. 

• Like the first reply says the Vedas support a round earth that is not open for debate. Also Prabhupada rescinded his statement saying they never went to the moon and said maybe they did but it is possible that entities that live on other planets are in different planes of existence so the only true way to travel between planets is through the Vedic approach. Also I heard the name moon could have been lost in translation and in fact meant a different planet entirely according to the Vedas but I am not sure about that last part.

Hare Krsna

• Anthony 

I don't  know what Veda there are following then. Like the first opening comment asks for knowledge . So really show us this support you talk  of. Read my other comments, a circle is round etc etc etc you heard this and that someone else said the other, proof bring proof of your words and claims. Get sure, the earth is flat without a doubt. You cannot prove the globe because you cannot prove what isn't. Read  my comments read the Veda bring your proof. and watch this video. This is serious BUSINESS so get involved. 

Please copy/paste/share.
          FLAT EARTH/ ULTIMATE KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS ANSWERS
          YouTube
  • Hari :) please send Free Krishna books to:

Göran Holm
    Norra allén 29 B,
    65461 Karlstad
    Sweden

Thanks!
  •    I was told by people studying the Vedas, that the Vedic conception is that the planet is egg shaped. We all know, and live by the fact that the world is not flat which is very easy to prove. 

I do not think anything in he Vedas is false, but some things are presented by students in the wrong context, which is where scholars and Gurus come in to play. It was an oral tradition before it was written down, so certainly some orators add some "special effects" :-) 

Here's a thought..... People were said to be so smart in the last Yuga, that they didn't need to write anything down because their memory was amazing. A kid could easily ask if they were so smart 5000 years ago, then how come all the old drawings have no perspective? Perspective in drawing is relatively recent thing..... So everything in proper context and application.  

There is a REAL reality that we all live by and there is no need to give up reality in order to understand the Vedas in context, or to explore a higher reality. It is my hope to get some association of Vedic scholars in this regard from this site.  

This reply was deleted.