Fate of Gandhiji

We hear that Gandhiji took holy name at the time of his departure.

What can be said about his afterlife.  Did he go BHBTG?   Did he get a Second Chance?  Where were Vishnu-dutas?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Sushant Prabhuji,

Please accept my humble obeisances. 

Please don't be so harsh on MK Gandhi. It does not behove a good Vaishnava like you to be unnecessarily harsh on a fellow Vaishnava like Gandhi. It really hurts me. 

MK Gandhi was much concerned about cow protection and took various steps for cow protection. Please go through this article :

http://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/profiles/blogs/cows-pr...

MK Gandhi was an avid reader of Bhagvad Gita like you and me. I place his views about our holy scripture as below :

"When doubts haunt me, when disappointments stare me in the face, and I see not one ray of hope on the horizon, I turn to Bhagavad-gita and find a verse to comfort me; and I immediately begin to smile in the midst of overwhelming sorrow. Those who meditate on the Gita will derive fresh joy and new meanings from it every day"

He was assassinated by a mad man named Nathuram Godse just 5 months and 15 days after India got Independence from the British. Where was the time to bring the education reform by making BG a part of curriculum ? If he had lived more, he would have definitely done something for preaching the message of Bhagvad Gita. He was a pious man. 

Lord Ram's name always played on his lips. 

Sant Tulsidas has said that "If a person who chants the name of Lord Ram, I would remove my skin and make a shoe out of it." If the chanter of name of Lord has such glory then why should we blaspheme such a person ?

You should feel pained by this offence.

MK Gandhi was a Pushti margi by birth. We Gaudiya Vaishnavas have a troubled relation with the Pushti Margis since 400 years after they stopped the service of Gaudiya priests in their Havelis. Since  then Gaudiyas have generally used acrimonious language against the Pushti Margis. Enmity leads to enmity. Therefore, there have been verbal clashes between the two Vaishnava sects. That is why Gaudiya Vaishnavas have generally been inimical to Gandhi. 

We should stop the rivalries between two Vaishnava sects. There should be mutual respect as they are also from a bonafide Sampraday. 

I hope that I could make some effect by putting my efforts in posting this message.

Your servant,

Hare Krishna!

• Hare krishna sushant,  gandhi was indeed a vaishnava being by practice and by family but as I told he had some mistakes b'se of his all gud wanting nature;due to his earnest desire to bring hindus and muslms closer he even did many compromises with hindus knowing the fact that muslim's religion and beliefs would only create problems for independent INDIA.he tried his best to stop riots and when bengal wasburning with riots he was there to stop and help the heavy riot victims particularly hindu bengali girls..................he dies only 6 months after india's indepence and already india was burning at that time so the prime concern was at that time to bring peace and harmony................cow slaughter banning and gita classes were of less concern then...................ONCE GANDHI SAID THOUGH MUSLIMS EAT COW BUT BEING A TRUE VAISHNAVA I WOULD PROTECT ANY COW SINGLEHANDELY EVEN IF NO HINDU IS LEFT IN WORLD.

Hari Bol,

Your servant

This reply was deleted.