For people new or in process to get more information sometimes its hard to find out a text very short and simple for the person understand the bases and after try to build more information about that subject. Because of that, i have a few questions about Ekadashi and i would like ddirect information for me to understand the bases andd after to search for more. Because Ekadashi for me its complicated to understand.
Here is my questions:
1) what is the history behind Ekadashi ?
2) Different types of Ekadashi and what type of food we cannot eat in that different Ekadashi
3) Water is permitted in all Ekadashi?
4) For people that are fasting all day, drink water brokes ekadashi?
5) Why Ekadashi all start at midnight but never ends to the other midnight?
6) Why in some special days, that aren't Ekadashi, people do the process of Ekadashi sometimes to night others to midnight?
7) Its correct that is people fast in Ekadashi day to lunch will take Karma for few past lifes, and if just eat on dinner will be 100 past life will taken the Karma? In that process drinkig water can broken the cleaning of the past life?
8) How long before the start the Ekadashi we need to not eat? 1hour before?