Volunteer

Education system during Vedic times

Hare Krishna, dear devotees !!! All glories to Srila Prabhupada !!!

I'm writing an article on the system of education during Vedic times. My intention is to focus on the gradual degradation of education system and how the modern education imparted to us is devoid of spiritual asset and entirely atheistic. What I want to confirm is whether the worship of Krishna formed the core of education during Vedic times because going back to the pages of history, we can see that along with the spiritual education given in Gurukuls, material knowledge about administration and millitary science etc was also provided. Then what was given the primary importance- spiritual or material or even if material knowledge was provided, was it used for the service of Krishna. I would be pleased if anyone can throw some light on the education system during Vedic times.

Your aspiring servant

Hari bol !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HareKrishna Gaurab Prabhu...

Please accept my humble obeisances..All glories to GuruMaharaj and Srila Prabhupada...

According to my understanding during Vedic times education was imparted as per Varnasrama system...As you know,vedic lifestyle means Krishna centered and regulated lifestyle..Those who are following the vedic lifestyle(devotees)have to be protected from any kind of Demoniac attacks..For that purpose these skills were used which is spiritual..Not for any self centered benefits!!!

Can you post your article once you are done with it,prabhu?

Your servant..

Hare Krishna.

This reply was deleted.