downfall in KC

Hare Krsna.

Q1:Everything that felt so awesome in bhakti when we were new .As time passes by why do we loose interest in the same spiritual activities ?

Q2: How to maintain the same enthusiam in sadhana or bhakti or Krsna consciousness ?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Q. HOW IMPORTANT IS ENTHUSIASM ?‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Q. HOW IMPORTANT IS DETERMINATION ?‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/perfectquestionsperfectanswer...

Q. 255. WHAT IS THE IMPORTANCE OF DEVOTEES` ASSOCIATION ?‏

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/perfectquestionsperfectanswer...

Q. 240. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF WORSHIPPING THE LOTUS FEET OF LORD KRISHNA ?‏

•        Hare krishna pradip prabhu,   PAMHO,  All glories to srila prabhupad!

The shortest way to maintain the same enthusiam in kc is

A= Association of devotees,

B= Books reading,

C= Chanting of hare krishna maha mantra,

D= Diet

S= Service  to lord.

By following this 5 steps,you can maintain same enthusiam in kc.

Yours servant.,

• Hare krishna to all Devoties

These words i copied before from some other topic, it is very hart touching

shrila bhakti siddhanta saraswati maharaj said
    " if yor mind goes away 1000 times. u get it back 1001 times..
    this the art of chanting.. and i'am very sure
    one day u will be so advanced that ur mind will be your servant.

krsna doesn't want results he just wants your effort..
    results he will give.. !!

Your servent

• Hare Krishna,

Another point that a Radhanatha Maharaja disciple shared with me is sacrifice. When we first come to Krishna consciousness, we give up so many things and drastically change our lifestyle. Krsna is very pleased by this and we feel very blissful. Another senior devotee described this stage as the "Jaya Nectar Bliss" stage of Krsna consciousness. Even though we may not be following very rigidly, because of our sacrifices, we feel a tremendous amount of reciprocation. When we spend some time in Krsna consciousness, our sacrifice wanes as we stop actively changing our life and consciousness for Krsna. Krsna is saying, "Ok, now what are you going to do?" So we have to actively practice sacrificing every day. What is sacrifice? It's when we do what we don't really want do. For example, maybe we want to sleep in, but we get up early anyway. Or find time to read Bhagavatam. Or let another devotee eat the last laddu.

It's also helpful to remember that at certain point anrtha-nivrtti begins and the mind begins to violently oppose Krsna consciousness. At this point your sadhana and devotee association should carry you through. The mind will come up with all sorts of excuses and you might actually even feel unhappy in Krsna consciousness while doing service or chanting because of the purification. Still it's important to push on and continue being steady in sadhana and service while taking shelter of senior devotees who have already passed through this stage.

Your servant

• Hare Krsna Bhaktin Maral Mataji,Ram Kumar prabhuji and Sudheendra S,

Thank you for that wonderful advice.

I am sure it is going to take me to positivity in KC.

Please pray that I grow in KC.

Regards

• Hare Krishna Pradip Prabhu,

My humble Obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I agree to what Maral Mataji and Sudheendra Prabhu have gracefully put.

I would like to add one more point here... Krishna Counsciousness is not only about "devotion"... Its about "devotional service". Service for guru, for fellow devotees, serving in temple are some of the most important things that can elevate one to the highest platform and give ever lasting bliss which will never allow us to feel stagnant in Krishna Consciousness...

For Krishna, service to his devotees and our guru is more important than to himself and this is the best way to progress steadily and take the elevator to attain Krishna prema.

I don't have any scriptural evidences to strengthen my understanding. So senior devotees please guide in a proper way.

RadheKrishna!!

Your Servant,

Ram

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Pradip Prabhu,

PAMHO. AGTSP. AGTSG&SG.

this one of the common questions most of us ask at some point of time when we are utter frustrated seeing no result in spite of putting all effort possible. When I asked something similar to my senior god brother, he gave a very dramatic example. He told me to hold a pen in air up above my head level, I did it with easily. he then told to leave the pen and the pen fell down. The moral of the story was very very good one. He said, to keep the pen in air, you need to put some effort and hold it constantly otherwise, it will fall down. This is exactly what happens with our bhakthi. When we come newly to KC, we are soo enthusiastic knowingly or unknowingly we put soo much effort in doing all the things and follow all the instructions very nicely and tend to commit less offense.

But as we progress, we learn things one by one in bhakthi and the things which we do every day appears to be like a routine and start feeling bored. the bead bag seems to be the most heavy thing on earth that we need to hand around with for 2 hours every day. If we see it with that consciousness, Krishna also makes it look more heavier than we actually thought it to be. But if on the other hand, if we see it as 2 hours every day where you have a PERSONAL appointment with Krishna all alone then the chanting becomes bliss and you will enjoy it.

HG Mahatama pr gave a very nice example for your second question. If we have a Hugh tree with very small roots that are not gone deep underground, then by a small blow, it will be uprooted on the other hand, a small grass can still stand the storm if its roots are strong. When we come to KC and stick around for some time, automatically we get the designation, name and fame etc in the devotee circle. This is like the tree growing above the ground. the roots are our sadhana. Sadhana includes Chanting HK, Reading SP books daily, Hearing Krishna Katha daily and honoring Krishna Prasadam and on top of all this is association with devotees. When we do this properly without offending devotees, the roots also go deeper and deeper and the tree of devotion will be unshakeable. But if we are relaxed in our sadhana, then the roots becomes weak and can be uprooted easily.

Hari bol!!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Pradip Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Yes, until we reach the stage of Ruchi sometimes we will feel taste for chanting and sometimes no.

The time when we do not feel taste for chanting it means our mind was engaged with material things. And we lost the mercy of the Holy Names. As like when we are attentive to our guest he is with us but when we do not pay attention to him he will leave us.

In this way Krishna is sweet. When we call Him chanting His Names He comes and we feel His sweetness. But when we turn our mind to other things Krishna leaves us. If Krishna left then the taste is also left.

Because of that Krishna says "always remember Me & do not forget Me"

if try it again and again Krisha will see our endeavor, sincerity and will come back again. Our mind goes we should bring it back, again goes, again bring back, again, again....AND IT IS OUR DEVOTIONAL SERVICE! IT IS OUR SADHANA- TO ALWAYS TRY TO BRING BACK OUR MIND TO THE HOLY NAMES.

And taste comes not because of our own endeavor but because of Krishna's mercy.

Because of that  we try to please Krishna. And what is the best way of pleasing Him???

To please His Devotees! By hearing from them Srimad Bhagavatam, by serving to them in any way we are capable to serve. For example, senior Devotees we honor, humbly ask questions, take advices, offer respects.

With our equals we become friends, open our heart, help them.

To our juniors we give love, care, teach them, help to them, protect them...

And when Devotees are pleased, they automatically will pray to us. They become grateful and because Krishna is in their hearts He becomes pleased. Then He becomes merciful to us. And we again start to feel the sweetness of the Holy Names.

Humility, Tolerance,  respect everyone, and do not wait for any reward, respect to ourselves.

Your servant, 

• Hare Krsna mataji,

I remember that some time back you raised a similar discussion.

If you provide me the link then I would appreciate that since I would also come to know what other senior devotees views are...

Thank you

This reply was deleted.