Replies

• Achieved eternal love and attachment for God cant be interrupted even when changing the body, what to talk about other things.

Bg 9.30Even if one commits the most abominable action, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated in his determination.
    Bg 9.31He quickly becomes righteous and attains lasting peace. O son of Kuntī, declare it boldly that My devotee never perishes.
    Bg 9.32O son of Pṛthā, those who take shelter in Me, though they be of lower birth – women, vaiśyas [merchants] and śūdras [workers] – can attain the supreme destination.

Therefore those who already waked "prema" or love for God should not be criticized.

• Here are more details from Bhaktivinoda Ṭhākura’s hand written auto-biography, Svalikhita-jīvanī,:

I had been searching for a suitable guru for a long time, but had not found one, so I was feeling disturbed. Whenever I met someone who inspired my devotion, when I studied his character, I became disappointed and lost faith. I was anxious to find a guru and so I prayed to God.

One night in a dream the Lord indicated that soon I would receive initiation. The next morning I felt relieved. In a few days Gurudeva finally wrote a letter saying, “I will come soon and give you initiation.” When Gurudeva finally came both my wife and I received initiation and we were pleased. From that day on I felt compassion towards all beings and the sin of meat eating vanished from my heart and compassion arose towards living beings. SJ, 155-156.

I agree with Dean Prabhu "Therefore those who already waked "prema" or love for God should not be criticized. "

I mentioned this because I found out that a devotee in Lineage of Srila  Prabhupada in order to promote himself as guru criticized Srila Bhaktivinode on the basis of meat eating.

• Srila Bhaktivinode Thakura mentioned in a book(don't remember that the name of the book now) that he liked fish. But that was before his initiation and just after initiation he left non veg. He had mentioned this specifically in that book that Initiation from his diksha guru changed his mindset and he left eating non veg.

Bharatvasha is a land of diversities(Even in hinduism(term generally used) there are various sadhanas for various level/class of human being ) and now influence of media films TV is making people pro western . It is natural that everyone will will not accept Krishna Consciousness. 

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mario prabhuji,

PAMHO.

To my knowledge, Srila Bhakti Vinode Thakura was a pure vegeterian who did not consume even onion garlic.

2) That is the beauty of the world today - we tend to reject what is ours and accept what is others. Like they say, the grass is greener on the other side. The reason for the success of the Krsna Consciousness movement in the west was that it had come at a time when the youth in the west wanted change - from the materialistic ways of life, from fighting incessant and unnecessary wars in Vietnam and elsewhere. They had already rejected the society at that time and would live on drugs and were called Hippies. Srila Prabhupada came across those Hippies and made them Happies.

Another reason why it is still happening is that westerners have already tasted the so called materialistic way of life and understand that it does not give satisfaction. Only Krsna Consciousness gives satisfaction. Therefore they are inclined to seek the truth. It is easier for them to accept Krsna Consiousness because they have already rejected the norms of their society.

KC is not considered anti hindu prabhu - where did you get that from? In fact, ISKCON has grown more in India than say USA after Srila Prabhupada left. SP built only 4 temples in India whereas today there are more than 100 temples. Some temples like Mumbai, Pune, Delhi and Kolkata are famous for their congregation strength. Indians will quote the Gita even without reading it - I agree with you on this point.

The youth in India today is completely misdirected. For them, a weekend means roaming around in Malls with famly and buying something new every weekend. They are so bad, they do not even have the knowledge as to where to go on a holiday and do something meaningful.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare krishna Mataji

Thank you for nice reply.

Hari Bol

• Prabhu Ji I have checked your link.

Do you think they are well known website?

Most of them are blogs.

Which any time any one can create.

If you know some well known books published by some well known publishers, please suggest!

• Hare Krishna Prabhu Ji

Can you please tell me that where from you get this sentence "Does Srila Bhaktivinoda Thankur ji liked to eat meat and fish?" Please say me the book name.

Prabhu Ji please read Srila Prabhupada's Books and listen his classes carefully, I believe you will get all your answer.

Your Servant

Manab Mitra

This reply was deleted.