My Dearest and Beloved Devotees,
Please accept my humble obeisance. All glories to Srila Prabhupada,

I want to know,

Does spiritual knowledge helps material career growth?

Say for example, an engineer of 25 years old, started his career by working in an MNC (say Tata/ Infosys/IBM Compnay). In his free time he chants Hare Krishna, he reads books, listens to speeches of spiritual gurus online,eager to clarify spiritual things  by joining iskcondesiree tree with true and honest spirit.

Can his engineering career be grown? Can he get more self-spirit to grow in his career. (because that his duty to serve an MNC by his engineering degree, And evryone must do his duty as Krishna says Arjuna to do his duty).

Please clarify this. Your answers are precious to me.

I am eagerfully waiting for the reply, Thank you very much in advance and forgive me if i hurt any of my dearest devotees.

My best regards ever,

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

Devotee does his duty not for material boss's pleasure but for Krishna's pleasure in this way he does it honestly not caring of honor and respect. 

If he sells milk he will sell pure milk without water. If he sells ghee he sells pure ghee. If he sells fruits he sells with correct kgs in this way people will love that sincerity. 

If some other do not love that he - Devotee does not care of that, but he continues being sincere. Cheating is not his way of work. Even though if one tells him to cheat and become successful in engineering or anything he won't agree to that. But will continue to perform his duties honestly for Krishna's pleasure.

That is Bhakti Yoga.

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna Mata Ji,

PAMHO
      AGTSP

Thank you for this needful updation.

Your's Servant

• An engineer may be very intelligent technically, but if he doesn't have good characteristic, no one would like to work with him. However if the engineer has just some basic knowledge, but has very good characteristic, then generally people will admire him and love to work with him. This is based on my personal experience of working in MNC. I hope most of people will agree with the same.

In fact during recession, I personally saw in my company and many other companies that people with bad characteristic (eg:- people who behave rudely, talk bad about others, do politics, impatient and always complain) were given the pink slip eventhough they were very knowledgable in their field.

Spiritual knowledge helps a lot in material career growth because you learn many characteristics like tolerance, humility, non-enviousness, controlling anger, greed, controlling senses and lots of other good characteristics. If you develop these characteristics, you will rise up the corporate ladder very fast. Also you can set a good example for other people and preach about Krishna consciousness to those who get impressed by you.

In SB 5.18.2 it is said that: All the demigods and their exalted qualities, such as religion, knowledge and renunciation, become manifest in the body of one who has developed unalloyed devotion for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva.

• Dear Puchku Prabhuji,

For our material progress, we need knowledge of this material world (In this case, the knowledge of Engineering field) and for our spiritual progress, we need spiritual knowledge. Where the material knowledge help us to be materially happy, the spiritual knowledge gives us bliss. Both are necessary. A cycle works on two tyres not one. If one tyre is broken, the cycle will not work. Similarly, our happiness in this world is dependent upon material as well as spiritual knowledge. Where, material knowledge helps us to ride through this material world, true spiritual knowledge helps us to cross over this material ocean and reach our ultimate destination, i.e Goloka.

Material world and the spiritual world are poles apart. If you try to be extremely spiritual, it is quite natural that your material progress will get hindered and if you become extremely materialistic, it is quite natural that your spiritual progress will suffer. We want best of both the worlds, hence we should strike a perfect balance during our grihasthashram. When we are retired from the material activities and our children are taking care of material welfare, we should focus just on spirituality. 

We can not expect to become wealthy by surrendering to krishna. If krishna thinks that His devotee will get spoiled by wealth, He will never give him wealth. He will keep him poor. Krishna is not like other demigods, who immediately fulfill desires of their worshipers. This has been clearly mentioned in Bhagwatam.

Hare Krishna from this dasanudasa

Harshikesh Bhattacharya

This reply was deleted.