does paap and punya affects our mukti marg?

hare krishna every one.

i am not a iskcon member but i want to join it. so, i have lots of question and i expect you will help me. my first ques is, i have done my wrong things (paap) in my life and if now i will become a krishna conscious person so this paap will affect my life?

mujhe inn paapo ki saza milegi toh krishn bhakti kaise kaam aaegi?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna dear Mataji,

PAMHO.

We all have done a lot of paap, punya in our many lifetimes across many days of Brahma. All our karma - whether pious or impious are in different stages of germination - some are in seed stage, some are in ankurit (germinating) stage, some are already germinated. Chanting of the mahamanra destroys the seed stage karma and some of the ankurit stage karma. What is already germinated - like someone is born blind - cannot be undone. That one has to undergo.

By chanting the mahamantra, the catch is that not only our paap, impious deeds, but our punya, pious deeds also get nullified. This is so because we have to take birth to enjoy the fruits of good karma otherwise.

Krsna bhakti helps in the following ways :

1) we understand that we are accumulating karma, instead we should accumulate devotional service.

2) by little chanting also, we are freed of the greatest of fears.

3) we come to the stage of realising that devotional service is the sole purpose of life, and then whatever devotional service we do, it is karma free. Therefore, we gradually move to a stage where we are not accumulating any further karma and also our past karma is getting nullified.

I hope it answers your query.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Volunteer

Lets take a look at the last poem of Bhagavatam: Meaning by Prabhupada. Hope this will answer your question. 

Please post more questions. Each different question separately. We are here to guide you reach not just liberation. Much more :)

Srimad Bhagavatam 12.13.23

nama-sankirtanam yasya
    sarva-papa pranasanam
    pranamo duhkha-samanas
    tam namami harim param

SYNONYMS
    nama-sankirtanam -- the congregational chanting of the holy name; yasya -- of whom; sarva-papa -- all sins; pranasanam -- which destroys; pranamah -- the bowing down; duhkha -- misery; samanah -- which subdues; tam -- to Him; namami-- I offer my obeisances; harim -- to Lord Hari; param -- the Supreme.

TRANSLATION
    I offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Lord, Hari, the congregational chanting of whose holy names destroys all sinful reactions, and the offering of obeisances unto whom relieves all material suffering.

• thanku shravn prabhu. hare krishna

• My mom and I read your post and my mom tells me that in Ramayan Sundar Kaand, Prabhu Shri Raam Ji says: (In Sanskrit)

"Koti vipra vadh laaghye jaaon,

Aaye sharan taj ho nahi taahu"

Meaning in hindi:  Jiske upar bahut sare brahmans ke vadh ka bhi dosh ho, use bhi Bhagwan ji apni sharan me aane se nahi tyagte.

The only thing we have to be careful about is to not take advantage of this rule and keep repeating it.  

I hope this gives you peace Garima ji.  

• thank u krishna devotee. hare krishna

• Hare Krishna Mataji

We don't know how many sinful works we have done in our previous life. Not only that we are doing sinful works every day every moment(Ex - Some insects which we can't see with our imperfect material eyes, we kill them everyday by some of our activities). But this Krishna Consciousness process can change your lifestyle. It will help you to develop your Satta Guna. And when you will situated in Satta Guna you will feel a different taste. Krishna's devotees are also doing sinful works(Ex - eating plants are also one type of killing) but whatever they do they offer it to Krishna first(but it does not mean that you offer meat to Krishna and then eat). We should follow Scriptures (Please read - Bhagavad Gita - 16.24 ). And as you want to become Krishna's devotee so please stop thinking of this material world. You know that this is only a Big punishment that we are in this Material World.

So Chant Hare Krishna Mahamantra and be Happy.

Your Servant

Manab Mitra

• thank u manab mitra ji for the explanation. hare krishna

• Hare Krishna Mataji

I believe that 'Prabhupada' is a super intelligent person. He is our real Spiritual Master.. If you have the same feeling like me... Please Join 'Prabhupada - My Real Guru' today.... Please sms your name and city - 09732572132 Here We will share Only about Prabhupada.

This reply was deleted.