hare krishna

please accept my humble obeisances.

this question was in my mind since childhood. does chanting hare krishna mahamantra keep negative energies and evil spirits away? if krishna is in our heart, in everyone's heart then why sometimes people are possessed? many people all over the globe has experienced supernatural existence in their life(even though many of them didnt believe in it). what should we do if we experience such kind of activity? please pardon me for any offences.

please guide this fallen soul..

may Krishna bless u all!!!

hare krishna

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

http://www.iskcondesiretree.net/group/krishnaconsciousness/forum/to...

Hare Krishna mataji, the last paragraph of this link has something important concerning your question.

• Hare Krishna Mataji,

All Glories to Srila Prabhupada and Gurudev

Q: Does chanting the Mahamantra keep the evil spirits away?

Yes the Hare Krishna Mahamantra demolishes the evil spirits and material contamination and even more powerful if chanted purely and without the 10 offenses. 

Prabhupada once gave a very beautiful example that, when a rain drop pours from the clouds they  are in theirpure form but when it falls on the muddy ground it become contaminated and dirty. So in order to make it pure and bring it back to its original form again we use filters. So similarly we fallen souls are like rain drops we have been contaminated by the material energy and our pure form and heart have become dirty and in order to clean the dirt and to return to our pure form, we chant the Hare Krishna Mahamantra which acts like a filter.

Q: Why some people become possessed?

When we think that we are independent and are all powerful, evil spirits can come to us. There is a saying "Magnet attracts Magnet and similar material, it does not attract wood, plastic or rocks." So when we are evil minded, so naturally we attract the evil spirits, we contaminate our pure selves but when we chant the Mahamantra our cleaning process begins and from there on we attract Krishna the all auspicious.

Q:What should we do if we experience evil supernatural activity?

Prabhupada always said to chant Hare Krishna Mahamantra and think of Krishna.

Devotees please correct If I have said anything wrong.

In your service,

-Nitai

• Hare Krishna Prabhu!

thank you for enlightening me. i totally agree with you. where the religion degrades evil energies get stronger, therefore we all must Must take shelter of Krishna who is the hope in distress, the light in darkness, the one who is with us every second(in life and death)....

i'm so much thankful to you all!!!

:)

hari bol!!!

• Volunteer

Hare krsna 

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada

Krishna-bhakti saves the Bhaktas from all sufferings .

please forgive me for any offences.

Your servant 

vinay

Yahoo Mail
        Take a trip into an upgraded, more organized inbox. Sign in and start exploring all the free, organizational tools for your email. Check out new them…
  • Volunteer

if truly i did not understand the question nicely :(

• pranam mataji

i just wanted to know that if Krishna dwells in everyone's heart then why some people are possessd by spirits that are of course evil and what should people do if they encounter such supernatural activites? please mataji do reply. i would like to know your veiw.

hare krishna mataji

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances dear Archana Mataji,

Srila Prabhupada says that purity is the strength. 

Because of that even though Paramatma in our heart we always keep our body and mind clean. Body by taking bath and mind by chanting the Holy Names.

The time when our body becomes contaminated it becomes weak and other subtle living entities can attack us. For example, if we sleep in not suitable places like under ground, or there where we kept eaten food...

For example, i had very bad experience some years ago. I was too sleepy in the morning before Sun rise and went to sleep for some minutes in the underground floor. And time also was not proper. It says that we should not sleep at 12 noon and at 18:00 and at the time of Sun rise. Because these times Lord Shiva along with his followers travels all over Earth.

and we know who are his followers : ghosts :(

Coming to my sleep, i saw one little girl near me, and that time fear entered to my heart. I tried to move my hands and wake up but all my senses were as like dead. I could see her with my eyes and i could see my body on the floor but could not act.

Girl just stood and looked at me. Oh my God! :O

Then i started to chant the Holy Names and she disappeared and i woke up. 

--------------------------------

In this way even though Paramatma is there we have to follow the instructions given by Paramatma in Vedic scriptures. 

When Krishna says that for that who serves Me with unalloyed devotion I will give intelligence with which he/she will be able to understand Me and come to Me.

-------------------------------------

In this way we have to use our intelligence. Automatically things won't happen.

Your servant, 

• hare krishna mataji

you are awesome mataji! purity is the strength and intelligence resides in taking shelter of Krishna.

thank you so much mataji!!! :)

hare krishna

your servant

This reply was deleted.