Doctor Suggesting to Wash Hair Less. How?

Hare Krishna

PAMHO

Me and my wife both are initiated. We have been married for six years and practicing Bhakti. 

Now as usual we take bath every morning for our external cleansing. Recently my wife has been complaing for her excessive hair fall. So we visited on darmatologist. After listening she suggested to use hair cap during shower. 

As we are concerned about Seva at our home.

Would appreciate your views.

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna,

Try using natural ingredients for shampooing hair. Avoid taking frquent headbaths. Yes because of pollution there is hair fall. Shampoo makes the hair dull and dry. Try to apply coconut oil to the scalp. 

https://www.distacart.com/products/ancient-living-soapnut-hair-clea...[5-10]%20-%20usa%20-%20troas%20350&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_viWBhD8ARIsAH1mCd62mnqbUFjN3Goh1zjT5CaqD6kKUd7sQ93tRiYk9wS75N_1xsbRbNAaAr6IEALw_wcB

soap nut is hypoallergic and good for hair. But still if you apply daily and wash. The hair become brittle and broken.

If at all you want to shampoo daily. when the hair is dry fully apply coconut oil to the hair and scalp in the evening to make it smooth.

Conditioner also should be used when you shampoo hair. 

Anyways. Need not shampoo daily you can do weekly 2 times head baths. Its not  a must for doing deity seva at home to take headbaths daily.

Hare Krishna

Ancient Living Soapnut Hair Cleanser
    <h2><strong>Ancient Living Soapnut Hair Cleanser Traditional Soapberries Natural Shampoo To Strengthen Your Hair From The Roots: 100 gm</strong></h2>…
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Is mataji wetting her hair everyday? I dont think that is required. We shampoo twice a week or so. We avoid washing hair on ekadasi and festival days. 

Seva at home is much more relaxed that at the temple. 

It is important to take care of health also.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krishna Matagi,

PAMHO

Yes matagi, she is wetting her hair every day. In my understanding, it is a kind of tradition in our community. Especially, as we both are from devotee families, we have been taking a bath every day all through our life. Though I have encouraged her to refrain from wetting her hair, seeing how much effort and time it takes, she feels otherwise.

I think now I can encourage her a little more.

Your servant

This reply was deleted.