dinosaurs

Dandawat at the lotus feet of all the Vaishanvas !!

Can any vaishnava here pls take some time to clear my doubt about dinosaurs? Did they really exist ? If yes, then how does it harmonize with Vedic Scriptures where there is no mentioning of this creature ??

Kindly Help as I am trying to preach my friend who has come up with this query !!

Thank You

Hare Krishna !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna dandavat pranām to all the devotees

Jai Srila Prabhupada!

http://prabhupadasaid.com?tag=iskcon&paged=9

"Prabhupada said, “No extinction, there is no question of extinction.” (“Life Comes from Life” Slideshow discussions, 3 July 1976, Washington D.C)

Please read the discussion in the above link 

Hare Krishna

Tag: ISKCON
  • Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Devotees, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

yes, even 500 years ago people were little bigger in size than now. i heard that Lord Chaitanya and His associates were the similar size of present Pancha Tattva Deities in Mayapur :-O :-) i also was shocked.

Also in Mahabharata we can find that Lord Balaram had 4 (or 2) wives and one of them was the girl from Sattya age. Just when she wanted to marry her father could not find suitable husband for her then they went to the abode of Lord Brahma to ask to help. Lord Brahma told that Lord Himself will be her Husband. Then they came back to the Earth. But that time in the Earth was already Kali Yuga (thousands of years passed).

and they were very big in size. When Lord Balaram saw His future huge bride He touched her head with His plow and made her with His size.

And further, it says in Srimad Bhagavatam, that people will live only 20 years and they will be very small, cows will be in the size of small dogs... 

Your servant, 

• HK Prabhu

PAMHO

There are 8,400,000 different species of living beings, there are 400,000 human species. (BG 7.16 Page 464) The Vedas are written for self realization and understanding Krishna. Its not written for explaining the millions of animal species. In the Bhagvada Gita and Srimad Bhagvatam they have described these creatures with words like "gigantic" "enormous" etc.

Please forgive me if i've offended anyone,

In your service,

-Nitai

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Sagar Jadhav Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

For example, there was the snake Kaliya on which heads' Krishna danced nicely.

In Srimad Bhagavatam also mentions about dangerous gigantic  aquatics. also about people who eat humans. For example, Bhima killed one of them in Ekachakra. the title "dinosaur" is as i know the new word. But if we know sanskrit we can find those creatures titles'.

even if there were such like entities they used to live far away from people because there were kings who could protect the citizens by their mystical powers.  

Sorry for not complete answer!

Your servant, 

• thank you very much mataji for your reply...

you dun have to be sorry for your attempt as it does make sense..

Let's hope if some other Vaishnava would like to add anything to it !!

Thank you very much

your servant

This reply was deleted.