Replies

• hare krishna

please accept my humble obeisances...

all glories to srila prabhupada

let me tell u a short story...once prabhupada was with his disciples in a temple in the west...when he came out he saw a wedding procession going on....the husband was sitting on the horse....when prabhupada saw him he said "king for a day,slave for whole life"...hehe

so ur question is something like this.....u r just seeing a particular point of time...broaden ur vision...

we get everything according to our past karmas...not even a farthing more than that...and how much we try to enjoy materially in this life that much we will suffer in our next life...its like u win the battle but loose the war...so what is the use of it?dont just c one life...c whats there in the next...how much we enjoy in this life materially that much we will suffer in the next life...and always remember no material things can give us happiness that we are seeking for life after life...its just temporary...its a challenge...show me one single guy anywhere who is happy by having material possessions....its already tested...america,the most richest country in the world is producing first class rascals,completely pissed off hippies...america is the perfect example of it...we are spirit soul and our happiness must also be spiritual just as a fish(a water animal)cant find happiness on land,likewise we(spirit) cant find happiness materially....i hope i am able to clear ur doubt..if not please revert back...

jaya srila prabhupada

• Volunteer

hare krisnha.

I was hearing a nice analogy give for this Karma in one of the class. the devotee was explaining that there is a metal container with a tap at the bottom and a opening at the top. and a person is poring sand on top into the containiner and when the tap is opened, there is wheat coming out of it!!! when we see it we may be surprised but the fact is that there was wheat already present in the container before poring the sand and only after some time we will see no more wheat coming out but only sand.

wheat in the container is like the good Karma that we had accumulated in our previous life by doing good activities and the sand is like we doing bad karma in this life. the wheat which is being tapped out is using out our good karma we had accumulated.

but as a devotee of Lord Krishna, we should not be attached with good and bad karma. HH Radhanath Swami was telling in one of the lecture that we should never ask for anything material from Krishna for it is not for his service. We must understand what ever happens to us in life no matter good/bad or pleasant or unpleasant, it is only for our betterment in KC.

Kunti maharani prays to Lord Krishna that please keep me in trouble always for we will remember you constantly when we are troubled. And she also says that good education, better social status, high knowledge, having lot of money will only make one proud and turn away from Krishna.

That is why, chaitnya mahaprabhu says in shikshashtakam 'na dhanam na janam na sundari...'

So prabhu stop worrying about good and bad and just think about Krishna for he is our Loving father and he can not do anything bad for his child. Chant hare Krishna and be happy.!!

Hari bol...

• very satisfied answers...pranaam both of u for the association
  • Jai Shri Krishna..

Some people although they seem to be bad and don't deserve all the good fortune in this life, in their previous life accumulated good karma and it is that which they are benefitting from. The accumulated karma wether bad or good gets depleted by ones action in the present life. If one is being good, you accumulate good karma, but if you are being bad.. You use up the good karma and accumulate bad karma. etc.. This is all not an ideal.. One should be doing everything for the benefit of Krishna..and not to accumulate karma. I'll quote from the scriptures as soon as I'm on my notebook.. At the moment I'm using my mobile phone..
    • Our ideal is to be at the epitome of service.. Eternal servitude to Krishna.. it sounds very gloomy to those that have no knowledge to what this actually means.  In the days of yore.. The Kings of Kings would dream of serving Krishna personally.  The highest riches that one could obtain is the service of Krishna in Goloka Vrindavana.  Its very dangerous to rely on good karma to enjoy in the next life.. there are +/- 84 million species of life before one is lucky to attain the human form to be eligible to go to Goloka Vrindavana. 

You have to remember Krishna at the time of death to be eligible to reach him, only if you lucky like Ajmila to have called out to his son who is incidentally named after the Lord was he able to reach the Lord.  Instead of quoting I'll give you link which you could go to and read for yourself. http://vedabase.net/sb/7/14/en1 and http://vedabase.net/sb/7/13/en1

This reply was deleted.