DID BUDDHA FOLLOWED KRSNA??

hare krsna, i was asked by a devotee friend and my curiosity is that did buddha followed krsna teaching..like his teaching says not to do bad karma, do good for others etc.. his teaching are found in our sastra also..did buddha followed sastra or teaching that we are following??

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• to adam steinberg,

hare krishna. i agree with your agreement but the gita clearly states that truth should be given as it is. it should not be fabricatedd just to make it attractive to the audience. those who deserve moksha will anyway follow the path of krishna consciousness (by themselves or when instructed by someone else.)

thank you

hare krishna
  • i think Buddha did not comment on this. Buddha would most probably have believed in God. Though his path was not directed toward God at face value. The path of Buddhism is put in a more "practical" way stressing certain philosophies and practices. Once someone participates in these, absolute truth will be the inevitable outcome. But his teachings are great, because those who don't believe in God, or those who have a different form of God ultimately can take part in these teachings and awaken. It does not matter how one arrives at the goal, only that one gets there. His teachings were direct and on a "human" level so that anyone could take part in beginning their spirituality. The end result being oneness. Which each person has a perception of based on their understanding. We experience the absolute subjectively.

• we experience the absolute subjectively and the lord working through all beings creates scriptures and religion in different groups.(god comes to those how they understand him). With the end goal always being oneness and devotion and bestowal (service). Adoni Echod, not sure how to spell it, in Hebrew that means god is one. The father is in me and I am in the father, in Christianity that is one. Buddhists I think generally call it oneness. The lord sends his messengers across the earth to proclaim his word, and his word is one. Mathematical codes found in the three religeons of christianity,judaism and muslim scripture, of course in a time of computers and when we can understand, and they fight over who's right....maybe its because his word...is still one. Buddha did what he had to do and in the right time and place. He also told us we are all Buddhas ourselves, which one can know as the holy spirit that dwells in everything. It always leads to the same place. All paths are one.

• hare krishana, in addition to your question I also would like to ask that why the teachings of budddha are different ,if buddha is considered as the 24th avatar of lord vishnu? 

• Hare Krishna Mata!

Viewing this post after a long time.

Actually, the way I heard it is that during that time animal slaughter was rampant and even Brahmins were reduced to ignorants and were ceaselessly eating meat in the name of Bali. Its like everyone was in class 1 of the spiritual journey. Now to a class 1 student can you teach Calculus? You too would have experienced this, something taught in class 4 is contradicted and the actual truth is given in class 8 (say). The truth was on similar grounds but only a bit different from what was taught before.

Hope this helps.

Hare Krishna

• hare krishna,
    Buddhism is not very similar to our shastras. in our shastras we emphasize on the existance of a supreme lord who controls and creates everything. whereas Buddhists do not have a supreme lord. they believe in sattvika food consumption and helping others but do not believe in any creator of universe. ref: a book by dalai lama. it is a mixture of atheism and theism. well, since buddha started buddhism, i feel he did not believe in any supreme creator and thus is not a true devotee of krishna.
    hope this helps.
    hare krishna.
This reply was deleted.