Dharma Sookshma

Hare Krishna !!

I have been facing this Dilemma for a long time now.... thought  Krishna would help me choosing a Way out, Hence seeking his devotees suggestions .

My Parents are dead against my marriage to a boy i love. Reason being we are of same Gotra.

After Much study i have learnt even though we are of same gotra, we dont have a family connection for generations ,neither paternal nor maternal. we are not blood related. our ancestral histories wont match too..... 

In such a Case should we stop getting married to eachother coz of gotra?

Will Krishna agree to This?

How far we can do justice to the other person of parents choice?

Will this not be Adharma?

Hare Krishna !! Help me to Find a Way. 

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Namaste Mataji !!

Thanks for the response.

Over the years i have experienced the kind of sensitivity & Sanctity a relationship must have.

Am Glad to get a like minded response.

I call this also a part of serving my Lord Krishna.

Thanks Again !! 

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna dear devotees

pamho

Marriage means two souls coming together to help each other lead a Krsna conscious lifestyle and go back to Godhead with KRSNA IN THE CENTER. That is the meaning of marriage. If Krsna is there in the center with the couples following sacred principles FOR THE PLEASURE OF KRSNA,that is marriage. There are many lectures available in this regard on IDT. If you want, I can give the links.

Mother Rukmini is divine consort of KRSNA and hence we cannot compare ourselves with them. Also Arjuna was married to mother Subhadra with sanction of KRSNA, not on independence of KRSNA. Also they did not come from same generation of ancestors as far as I know.I am just saying that marriage is a sacred ceremony with KRSNA AS THE CENTER. To love means selfless sacrifice for the senses of KRSNA.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF MY WORDS OFFENDED OR HURT IN ANY WAY. NO OFFENSES MEANT. I just wish to help.I humbly beg forgiveness if my words hurt in anyway. I sincerely beg forgiveness if my words hurt anyone in anyway. I do not have any intention of hurting sentiments or feelings. I respect and honor your love, but just saying what is the meaning of true marriage.

ys

• Hare Krishna RakeshJi,

There is no Offense in sharing an opinion. 

Thanks!!

Shastry

• Hare Krsna Mataji:

Your subject matter is totally out of devotional service.  In this group, we are trying to help each other in their devotional service.  But still i'll try to tell you my views which should help you decide.

Marrying a person of same Gotra affects the child mentally and physically.  The children of such parents are usually born handicapped or weak mentally.

So, why bring a child in such situation.  Our elders don't do anything without foreseeing our future, so is yours.

On the other hand, if a child has to come here in such situation to you couple, no one can stop it.  It is up to your decision, which you might repent one day that you did all these for a momentary pleasure of the body.

I suggest you dovetail your love towards Krsna's service and marry a person suggested by your parents, that will be the best for you.  Very shortly after marriage you will realize what you did following your parents was the right thing to do.

• Namaste PrabbuJi,

Thank you for your thought process.

God Bless. 

This reply was deleted.