Replies

• Hare Krishna.. prabhu,

There is another sloka in Chapter 10 BG 10.9. Purport has the characteristics of devotee.

The thoughts of My pure devotees dwell in Me, their lives are fully devoted to My service, and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me.(10.9)

Devotees of the Supreme Lord are twenty-four hours daily engaged in glorifying the qualities and pastimes of the Supreme Lord. Their hearts and souls are constantly submerged in Kṛṣṇa, and they take pleasure in discussing Him with other devotees.

In the preliminary stage of devotional service they relish the transcendental pleasure from the service itself.

mature stage they are actually situated in love of God..

Hare Krishna.

• I think Krishna is talking about IDT forums here - "and they derive great satisfaction and bliss from always enlightening one another and conversing about Me."

• Is it enlightening you in anyway Hare Krsna Prathik Prabhu?  I saw ur  comments in another section. 

• Yes Mataji discussing with devotees (as you know) is any ways fun & enlightening, online or offline :)

Speaking of which, what happened to discord devotees? Last time you guys were memorizing slokas from BG.

Your Servant,

• Once that person has realised the greatness of God.

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

I am a small practicing devotee in front of you and I am not even having that much experience as much as you have. I have seen you profile and you belong to 1960's times. You know much more then us.  But the question made me read and go thru and open Bhagwad gita. Thank you for asking question. Every question is ment to enlighten others.  Without question there is no answer. Whole Bhagwad gita was based on question and answer. Even Srimad Bhagwatam begins with the Questions of Sages. I may or may not be so qualified to answer this but ya .. it is a very useful question as whole chapter 12 of Bhagwad gita is completely dedicated to Qualifications required by a person to be called as a devotee.

Please accept my humble obeisances.

These qualities of a devotee, twenty-six in number, are listed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu:

1) Kind to Everyone, 2) Does not Quarrel with Anyone, 3) Fixed in the Absolute Truth, 4) Equal to Everyone, 5) Faultless, 6) Charitable, 7) Mild, 8) Clean, 9) Simple, without Material Possession, 10) Benevolent, 11) Peaceful, 12) Completely Attached to Krsna, 13) Has no Material Hankering, 14) Meek, 15) Steady, 16) Self-controlled, 17) Does not Eat More than Required, 18) Sane, 19) Respectful, 20) Humble, 21) Grave, 22) Compassionate, 23) Friendly, 24) Poetic, 25) Silent, 26) Expert.

In BG Lord Sri Krishna mentions in Chapter 12  from 13 sloka till 20th sloka also these qualities are mentioned. You can refer.

https://asitis.com/12

Hare Krishna.

Bhagavad Gita, Chapter 12: Devotional Service
    Bhakti yoga, pure devotional service to Lord Krishna, is the highest and most exxpedient means for attaining pure love for Krishna, which is the high…
    • If you've been inspired to read or hear Vedas I am extremely satisfied. 

• Hare Krishna Devadeva Prabhu,

Dandavat Pranam. 

I offer my respectful obeisances unto all the Vaiṣṇava devotees.

1. What is the Definition of a Devotee? (link) By HH Radhanath Swami Maharaj
    2. Formula to Become a Devotee? (link) By HH Bhakti Charu Swami Maharaj
    3. Qualities that appear in a devotee? (link) By HG Gauranga Darshan Prabhu (RNS)
    4. How to improve Japa? Tips for better Japa? (link) By HG Adi Gadadhara Prabhu (RNS)

Your Servant,

This reply was deleted.