Dandwat pranam

Sri Raghunath gosvami do 3000 obesiences daily, Sri Sanatan goswami do 1008 dandwat pranam daily, In past I'm fitness freak and do 2 hours of exercise in morning, can I do dandwat pranam with daily count in early morning for 2 hours, it will help me in chanting all the day can I do?F

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dandavat pranam

• Hare Krishna Prabhu ji,

Point to be noted is that you cannot compare your dandavat pranamas to Sri Raghunath Goaswami pada.  The goswami's are at a very very higher elevated level in bhakti than us. Secondly, They were doing dandavat pranamas daily not because they are fitness freaks or they have well built bodies and can do it... they are doing dandavat pranamas because they see Krishna in all entities and they were doing dandavat pranamas out of love, respect and really feeling surrender to their guru or the deity or Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. Sometimes they used to even bow and do dandavats to the Yamuna river, sometimes do dandavats to the kadamb vriksha. Sometimes they did dandavat pranama to some person suddenly. Because..they used to feel krishna everywhere and in everything.

When they saw the Yamuna river they felt aah, Lord played in this river with gopis'. This river is so sacred. They felt Lord is there now also and they could really feel Lord's presence in all things so they were doing dandavat pranamas. Now the goswami's were in fact manjari's and their bhakti and prem is far unreachable. 

If you are also feeling Lord's presence all around you in tree, in the river, in the deity, in the guru and in the chair, table ..seeing Lord  and surely you can also do danadavat pranams. because these goswamis' have transcended the mind and intellect they were losing their minds and unable to keep themselves standing anymore and their heads bowed down to earth automatically in reverence when Lord was seen at all place and in things and all people around them.

Are you feeling the same? have you lost your mental balance and transcended the bodily platform?  We surely are not! 

But anyways..........You can do dandavats but it is in no way a replacement for chanting!!!

These goswami's 24/7 chanted and also did these many obesiences out of love and respect for the other or the deity. Not because they are expecting some benefit out of it nor becuase they can do dandavats and  leave the chanting harinama and replace it with dandavats.

Nothing can replace chanting. You love to do dandavats for elders, senior devotees or guru's or deities it is out of love can't expect something out of what is given with love and respect.

Hare Krishna

• Thank you mata ji for your guidance, I'm fallen that I asked this type of questions please forgive me hare Krishna

This reply was deleted.