Replies

• if you get pure cow milk then you should drink.But now in market whatever is selling is not at all milk is something else.specially in vrndavana whatever people are selling in the name of milk that is not milk and they add something which is very bad for health.
    Hare Krsna

• Anuj Verma mataji, thank you . :) Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna!

All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to the Vaishnavas!

I am not an advanced devotee and am relatively new on this website so I can't give quotations to back me up unfortunately but YES you can drink cow milk.

You cannot eat meat, fish and eggs. (& onions, garlic and mushrooms, chocolate) but milk is not forbidden. Of course in certain farm communities say I know one ( New Vraja Dhama) Hungary, they only use cow milk from inside the farm and from cows who are raised there because taking the milk of a cow that is being slaughtered is not the best. The fear and eventual cruel death affects the milk and is therefore not the best quality.  This however is a very high standard. Devotees who don't live in that community don't keep this because generally people don't keep cows in their back garden's now a days. 

So yes you can drink milk. It is allowed during Ekadasi also. 

Lord Krishna prefers milk sweets like gulab, burfi etc.  as opposed to things like chocolate cakes! 

Hope this helps..

Your servant : Gaura-priya

• Volunteer

thank You dear Gaura Priya Mataji :) !
      Yes, we can drink cow milk without it spiritual progress is little slower.

But cows from whom we are getting milk should be not injected any medicine. Nowadays in India also people use injections in order to force cow to give more milk so that is an offense and cruelty.

We have to find some simple farmers who gaze their cows in the fields and buy milk from them.

Your servant, 

• Bhaktin Maral Mataji,

Hare Krishna. My obeisances to you! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Can I ask you to elaborate on the topic of spiritual progress being slower without milk? What are the glories of cow milk?

Thank you. 

Your servant : Gaura-Priya 

This reply was deleted.