1. Most of Muslim will argue that VEDA has supremacy over Bhagavd Gita and there are contradictions between VEDAS and Bhagvad Gita . If both comes from same God how there is any difference between VEDA and BG here is someone who is looking for answers . http://www.speakingtree.in/spiritual-blogs/seekers/philosophy/contradiction-between-vedas-and-gita-a-conversation ... I don't have any answer to his questions if someone here has please elaborate   

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• There are no contradictions, there is no difference. Only thing is that Krishna has gone a little straight forward in the Bhagavadgita.

About the Muslims arguing. They pick phrases from here and there which sound contradicting thats all. A little research and a clear mind should do the work. A few topics they talk on are about idol worship, veg and meat, following one god and Mohammed being mentioned in the vedas.

One of the reference given was rig veda book number 20 verse number 21. One of the leaders said the prophet is mentioned and is mentioned in so many other texts. When I checked the hymns were about Indra :/

So please ignore what others say and follow your self which will lead you to the Gita. 

Hare Krishna.

• Hare Krishna 

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad . Vashinavs says that Gita is based on vedas (Does it mean the Four Prime Veda  or Bhgavadam Puran) and if it so is there any commentary written by vaishnav Guru that  presents the  evidence by giving sholk by sholka that can prove to non-believers that all four Veda actually is telling us to worship Krsna.     

• This reply was deleted.
    • "Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reactions. Do not fear." (Lord Krishna, Bhagavad-Gita 18.66)

Its not abandoning religion. Lord says, leave all the doubts about what dharma is and what is adharma. Just surrender to me.

It is true that Bhagavad Gita is above Vedas.

• Those who are devotees of other gods and who worship them with faith actually worship only Me, O   son of Kuntī, but they do so in a wrong way...

Other Gods here also includes the Hindu demigods. Not just other religion Gods. The Lord says, people worship other Gods to satisfy their worldly desires. And according to Krishna, it is a wrong way of worship. You should worship the Gods and ask them to make your faith steady in Krishna. Any other materialistic desires is wrong.

• I don't find anything doubtful in other verses which you have quoted.

• Hare Krishna Kamlesh Jee 

All Glories to Srila Prabhupad ! I am agree with you. Muslims are creating internet forums , Doing neighbourhood classes on the similarities between VEDA and ISLAM with an intention to attract Hindus inculding Vashinavs towards ISLAM.  Now it is not that we want to fight with them or distrub them but we must be equipped to tell them (Through Shastrath discussion) that all the Four Vedas tells nothing but Krsna. They say Simiriti and Upanishads has no value?  Now days whenever a muslim brother will ask me why you follow Gita and why not Veda I answer him according to his knowledge and understanding of things by saying  that Lord Krishna is our last Prophet who gave us Bhagavad Gita and in Which he says that He is source of all Jiva (Char or Achar) and Supreme God .  That is why I asked if there is any commentary written by a Vaishnav that proves that Vedas only telling about Lord Krishna and nothing else .... Hari bol  

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Pls give the question here, unable to access the link.

What I know is vedas say this, vedas also say that... therefore one can comfortably take whatever suits and still claim to follow the vedas. Effectively that means that there is contradiction within the vedas itself.
    Even Upanishads are divided into the 3 modes, 6 are in the mode of goodness, 6 in the mode of passion and 6 in the mode of ignorance.

Gita is the vani of God Himself, therefore it is given so much importance. Bhagavatam is the essence or summary of the vedas and upanishads. It is talking of God, whereas Gita is talk by God. Thats why both are important.

Haribol,

Your servant.

This reply was deleted.