Concentration

Pranam to all devotee's.

I have been chanting on beads for almost two months. Initial one month was very fulfilling like I used to concentrate well but now I feel I get distracted easily. While chanting my mind wanders like a monkey and lose the way. My lips recite the mantra but mind wanders somewhere else, either in the past or in the future. It wanders constantly through my worries, my mistakes or something else but never sticks to the present.

How do I control it??? I just don't want to do something like this if I am not connected it. Please help.

Thanks and regards

Lokesh Sharma

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Lokesh,

please accept my humble obeisances,

I'am chanting 16 rounds from a long tym. from now.. and this problem is still there.. i have talked to very advanced deevotees and they have similar problems.. so, instead of worrying too much about the concentration part. i believe u just concentrate on hearing the mantra clearly . concentration  means to be attentive.. just clearly hear your mantra. and your mind will automatically be situated. shrila bhakti siddhanta saraswati maharaj said " if yor mind goes away 1000 times. u get it back 1001 times.. this the art of chanting.. and i'am very sure one day u will be so advanced that ur mind will be your servant. krsna doesn't want results he just wants your effort.. results he will give.. !!

i have practised this simple technique(to hear my mantra clearly) and i have benefitted a lot !! and also try to chant in the association of deevotees...

hare krsna !!

• Dear Lokesh Prabhu,

Dandvat Pranam... my humble obeisances unto you...

Your line, "krsna doesn't want results he just wants your effort.. results he will give.. !!" are just amazing and are enough to keep me awake....in Krishna Consciousness.

Thanks a ton.

Hare Krishna

YS,

Pranay

• Hare krsna,

Happened to read your post, and appreciate your reply.

Hari Hari!

This reply was deleted.