Replies

• Volunteer

It depends on our own consciousness. We read in Chaitnya Charitamruta that the Goswamies would wear the rejected cloths of the residents of Puri. But they were high class devotees of the lord. Having said that, please do not think that we can try to imitate them by wearing the rejected cloths. No that is not possible for us to be in that consciousness.

However, I have heard my mom saying that one should not wear others used cloths as it can bring some part of the karmic reactions they have gathered. But, within family members, some time we do exchange the cloths. I personally do not like to wear others cloths as a matter of hygiene. When I was in hostel, people would exchange their clothes at least the roommates would do but i would prefer not to.

• Hare krishna everyone

what should someone do if he used to wear someones clothes but stop wearing now  does  that person still  has  side effects of other persons consciousness still in his consciousness if yes how to get rid of that from his mind.

does  washing clothes with soap remove bad conciousness or not if someone has no cow dung.Thanks Hare krishna

• Volunteer

Krishna says that we have to depend on Him and do not worry.

If You do not have chance to wear new clothes then we will wear wared ones and do not worry, Krishna will protect.

Interesting, how You can not find cow dung :( in this Kali yuga brahmanical culture is getting to be nullified.

Try to wash with cold water Prabhuji, and after 2-3 days of wearing there should not be any worry because now is our consciousness there.

Your servant, 

• Hrae krishna everyone thanks for the replies

i want to know  how used clothes  effect our conciousness thanks

Hare krishna

• If we are not on the platform of yukta-vairagya, then we can become influenced by the subtle mental states of those who wore the clothes before.

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna everyone thanks for the replies
        i want to know how used clothes effect our consciousness thanks
        Hare Krishna

It is as like we eat food in our own plate and even if we wash it our subtle body stays there. Because of that we wash it with cow dung. When one wears some clothes subtle body also will remain there. I mean some parts of subtle energy. I do not know but i heard it in the lecture.

As like when we talk bad words to water water changes its crystals. The same will happen with clothes.

Vibration.

Our body is nothing but vibration.

When we start to chant our materially vibrated body becomes spiritually vibrated. Yes, our body is vibration. And all other subjects around us also some type of vibrations. In this way if clothes are wared with one who always blasphemes then his clothes also will take that type of vibration.

In this way better to use Devotees' clothes or wash them with cow dung.

Please correct me if i am speculating!

Thank You!

Your servant, 

• Hare Krishna everyone

Thanks for giving me knowledge hari bol

• hare krishna,

we have to be mainly be krishna conscious and everything arround us definately affect us such as people, sound vibrations, planest positions , scenes, our bodily gross layors , air .

devotees leftover is prasad we can honour it anytime (bhakt pada dhuli bhakt pad jal bhakt bhukti avashesha aai bada bal) that indirectly includes clothes also

some sadhakas those are trying to renounce they may use used clothes because they no why to waste wealth for this body and also i read about one monk, he was since childhood was to wash new clothes manytimes so that they become like old one before using it.

purpose is very important for activity are we trying to please krishna or not ?

• My preceptor says yes.

• Volunteer

people say that yes. But whole my life mostly i wear someone's cloth. Whether my sisters' ...since i am the youngest in the family. And sometimes some Matajis give to me i accept sometimes i give to some Matajis. 

I think here is most important is our own consciousness. If we are sincere and depend on Krishna then He will protect us from unneeded things.

But if You have enough money and things like that then buy new one. Better to wear new one. Or else to wash them with cow dung and no bad effects to the consciousness.

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.