Chanting without following regulative principles

Hare Krsna

AGTSP

PAMHO

I wanted to clear this doubt. What is the benefit of chanting 16 rounds, if regulative principles are not followed? And what about chanting less than 16 rounds occasionally, even if you are following all four regulative principles?

Thankyou

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Poinyint quesrion,
    Spiritual Unfoldment
    Is, was & will remain a personality preference. E.g. an angry Yogi may experience progression more Rapidly than an astic Who is equal in all was -except, their Ferver or desier for the awareness in God!
    Two Paths" 1 Submissive gennerus The other
    Bold & confident. The "Protectiin of the innocent is (one) of the Godly pastime.
    However, Giving in cheraty to a fool is to perches two tickets twohell. I see the dilima!
    "The Four Regs' are the Elevator to Spiritual/God's awesomeness. Otherwise distraction abounds in the Life & Minds of the material Scientist. (The four Regs) alow steadiness of Ons homeostasis, bio-patters & mind, this is very conducive to the raped ,re-education of the mind, which is the couse & purpus for Faith in God for serving & for knowing God ! ? As He is
    • Hare Krsna!

Thankyou!

• Hare Krsna

Thankyou for your reply!

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

Chanting 16 rounds is recommended. If one is unable to do 16, then one may commit a lower number and gradually work towards increasing to 16. 

Regarding 4 regulative principles, it is recommended that one follows. If one doesnt follow and chants, initially its ok. If the chanting is sincere, gradually one will develop aversions to the prohibited things and be naturally drawn to following 4 regulative principles. If one is not following deliberately or after chanting considerable amount of time, then one has to seek personal guidance from a senior who knows that sadhaka.

Its like taking a medicine, but not following the food restrictions associated with the treatment.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

This reply was deleted.