Chanting Hare Krishna!!

Hare Krishna All !!

Jai Srila Prabhupada!! 

My Question-:

We chant HARE KRISHNA where meaning of HARE is Lord (Energy of God) and KRISHNA (which means: All attaractive) is lord himself.

As Lord Krishna is multi-linguistic and infact, all languages are part of Krishna’s material energy.

So if we chant “All Attractive All Attractive “ and concentrate on picture of Lord Krishna .

Will it give same benefits of chanting? OR the mantra has to be chanted in its original form as mentioned in scripture.

Thanks for Replies in Advance !!

Hare Krishna !!

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer

If you read Vishnu Sahasranam, a lot of Names are descriptions and therefore such names are secondary names of the Lord,

eg. Vishvam -Universe

bhuta bhavya bhavat prabhu - Lord of past, future and present

and so on

However, Krishna, Govinda, Gopala are primary names based on the pastimes therefore have more potency than the words like "all attractive" so will not have an equal effect.

Haridas Thakore in Harinama Chintamani says that one name of Krishna equal saying 3 times Rama.

Saying the Maha Mantra once (or is it 3 times?) equal reciting Vishnu Sahasranam once.

• The sound is transcendental.Meaning or language can't create the sound.In Bhakti sadhana stage through chanting of the Mahamantra one can only get the glimpse (Namabhasa stage).But true sound is transcendental to the material world.Rupa
    dhyana is also Bhakti sadhana and His true form is transcendental.
    sound.in - This website is for sale! - Sound Resources and Information.
    This website is for sale! sound.in is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what y…
    • Prabhuji, Thank you for the nice explanation!!

After reading your answer, I searched "Namabhasa stage" which has been explained nicely in Harinama Chintamani (HNC) of Shrila Bhaktivinoda Thakura. Although its a big topic and can't write everything here, but as mentioned this kind of chanting may come in two categories -:
      (i) Sanketa Ashraddha Chhaya Namabhasa
      To chant the Holy Names of the Lord while addressing another person with those Names like for eg. Ajamila addressing his son Narayana in the 6th canto.

(ii) Parihasya Ashraddha Chhaya Namabhasa
      To chant the Holy Names while laughing or making fun of the Lord or others. Like for eg, Jarasandha chanting the Holy Names when he was making fun of Lords Krishna-Balarama before fighting with Them

This is greatest power of Krishna that even if one chant without being a devotee of Krishna, one and everyone gonna beniftted according to his qualification.

For Details -:
      http://nitaaiveda.com/NITAAI_Yoga_Forums/Ask_Spiritual_Question(s)/Namabhasa.htm

Hare Krishna and Thank You Again!!
      Sandeep
This reply was deleted.