CHANTING

Hare Krishna!

Dandvat to all vaishnavs! All glories to Guru & Gaurang!

I feel very problem in chanting. I start chanting in a very good spirit...bur after two three rounds tensions of office and family start disturbing me...i start my japa with the thought that O Radha Krsna please take me for your service/ give me your devotion but dont know when i start to pray lord for taking me away from these tension, solve my problems, give me power to face these situation in my life etc...( long list actuly)...what should i do..i know these all are the result of my karmas and we should always ask lord for devotion.

I am so fallen...feel very guilty after chanting..that i didnt do japa properly or did it selfishly. I feel bad that i couldn't stop myself for doing japa for materialistic facilities which will take me more far from Krsna.

Please help me.

Regards

Deepa

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• mataji,i may suggest you one solution,please have a picture book of lord be with you,or an image of lord,or a keerthana describing the story of lord,and recite mahamantra with attention on it,if you have nothing with you recollect the different stories of krishna or the blessings you got from krishna in your life,i think this will help you,hare krishna.

• Volunteer

Having a picture of Lord helps and I have seen some devotees doing that and also heard from devotees to do that. But Never I have seen or heard of listening to Kirtan while chanting. Regarding recollecting pastimes, I am not sure about it if thats a good thing to do during Japa. Mahatama Prabhu says Japa should be heart deep and not just lip deep.

• prabhuji, sorry for my language,i meant not to listen to kirtana,but just read it before chanting,for eg.we have 108hari in malayalam,each lines of that song book describes the different108 stories of lord in chronological order.i use to remeber the blessings and lessons krishna taught me before each malas.i think any thing that firms my mind in krishna is ok.hare krishna

• Volunteer

Amazing points Rakesh Roshen Pr. Just wanted to add one more point. Chanikya pandit says that one should never be satisfied with ones quality of Japa. The day we feel that our japa was good, we start feeling proud and loose the taste for Japa.

HG Mahatama Prabhu said one amazing point in his Japa retreat (actually many). When you chant... CHANT. This is very simple statement but it carries a deep message in it. He was saying that every time the mind wanders away, bring it back on hearing the mahamantra. Try to develop a relationship with Mahamantra.

Krishna and his holy names are non different. How will you feel if some one calls you their home for talking to you and after you go home, they make u sit their and do all other thing but talk to you? Similarly, if we start thinking about something else than Krishna during our Japa, then Krishna gets offended and leaves that place.

Mind is like a child. you tel him not to do something and he does it even more. so we have to train it slowly. If we want a child to learn walking after it is born, then that is not possible. it has to happen over a period of time and with proper training. Japa also is non different. Gradually we start getting the sweet taste of it and once you taste it you will never give it up.

Mahatma Prabhu was shearing one of the incident that happened in some other japa retreat where he was asking feedback from the participants. And there was a Sanyasi disciple of SP who was there in the retreat. He confessed in front of every one that he is not able to chant 16 rounds.... All were shocked... he continued saying.. I can only stop after 64!!!!! That is called the taste of chanting holy names of Lord.

Hope some day we all will get that taste to chant and never stop chanting!!! That will be perfection of our existence.

hari bol!!!

• Hare Krishna Mataji.All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Please note that such thing will happen to every body.Please note that we were living as a common humen being

till yesterday.So expecting a sudden change in our behaviour is not at all easy.With the help of Lord Krishna

you will surely overcome with all hindrence.Hence go on chanting Hare Krishna maha mantra & HE will surely listen

to your prayer & come out and help you.Do not worry at all.

HARE KRISHNA !!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krsna Deepa ji

Humble obeisances

His Holiness Radhanath Mahraj told in one lecture that we should chant as if some one has put a gun on our temple and said he will count 3 and then shoot. The way we shall chant at that time , we should chant all the time. He also said that we should live every day as if that day is our last day and then we will try to desperately remember Krsna all the time. Also , we can try to sit at one place during all 16 rounds, sit in yoga posture and focus on hearing the holyname, shut down everything else for those 2 hours, remember that now you are in a meeting with Krsna personally and hence put full attention on Him and He is dancing on your tongue. If you ignore someone while you are in meeting with the person, he feels bad, doesn't he. So Krsna is not happy if we dnt pay attention when we chant but He is surely pleased if we try to concentrate and trying means we have to be desperate to concentrate as if the whole world around us is serving Krsna, I am the only one who is not, like a forest fire that is burning us..I must chant sincerely.. I must . I must.. I must..

I hope this will help. This is what I do while my chanting.

ys

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Mataji.Dandavat Pranam.All Glories To Srila Prabhupada

Don't worry and don't be upset. It happens with everyone in the beginning. A child falls many time when he/she first try to stand on his small feet. Chant chant and pray to Krishna Gradually taste will come and you will progress like anything

Few things that would help:

Try to go to temple regularly if not then attain the sunday feast in temple for whole day

Ask for some service according to your capacity while you visit temple

associate with devotees and open your mind.

Strictly follow 4 regulative principles

Hear SP lectures and read his books only

Hope it will help

Your aspiring Servant

||Krishna Consciousness is light rest are nescience||

This reply was deleted.