Chaitanya Avatar

Hare Krishna,

Whenever I  search for evidence from scriptures to prove that lord chaitanya is avatar of lord krishna.I have never found the verse number,chater number for the verses cited.Could anyone please Help me in findig the Verse numbers.

http://nitaaiveda.com/Nityananda_Gauranga_Naam/Nityananda_Gauranga_in_Vedas/Vedic_Verses_about_NG.htm

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garuda_Purana

It states that the purana is composed in sanskrit,may be the bengali version is the translation of the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puranas

This link states that padma purana is in both bengali and devnagari sanskrit

Garuda Purana
            The Garuda Purana is one of 18 Mahāpurāṇ of texts in Hinduism. It is a part of Vaishnavism literature corpus, primarily centering around Hindu god Vi…
            • Just my 2 cents here. Please be consistent. IDT and ISKCON has continuously maintained that Wikipedia is not a vetted source of knowledge. But citing sources when Wikipedia supports your argument, and lambasting it when it doesn't, it doesn't reflect very well on this community, does it Prabhuji?

That being said, I'm not in the position to comment on whether these puranas are really composed in Sanskrit or not - I don't have the sources. However, I reiterate, the sections of text copy pasted in the original comment are in old bengali.

• Thiese puranas have not been written by Srila Vyasadev. That's my opinion .

• It is accepted by great acharyas like Sripad Ramanujachrya,Madhvacharya that al 18 mahapuranas and upapuranas are compiled by srila vyasadeva.Garuda,Padma Puranas moreover belong to Sattva Puranas.

• In the past centuries of India, masses of different unqualified Brahmanas fight each other in public philosophical debates. Being very profitable thing, in meaning of encresing glory, students, and support from congregation. They were short of Vyasa literature to prove their statements, so they wrote many scriptures and presenting them as Vyasas just to win. This is how many puranas, upanishadas and samhitas were appeared.

Srimad Bhagavata purana is original work of Srila Vyasadev.

SB 1.1.2Completely rejecting all religious activities which are materially motivated, this Bhāgavata Purāṇa propounds the highest truth, which is understandable by those devotees who are fully pure in heart. The highest truth is reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all. Such truth uproots the threefold miseries. This beautiful Bhāgavatam, compiled by the great sage Vyāsadeva [in his maturity], is sufficient in itself for God realization. What is the need of any other scripture ? As soon as one attentively and submissively hears the message of Bhāgavatam, by this culture of knowledge the Supreme Lord is established within his heart.
          SB 1.1.2
          Religion includes four primary subjects, namely pious activities, economic development, satisfaction of the senses, and finally liberation from mater…
          • Kumar said that sages like Ramanujacharya, Madhavacharya (who are considered bonafide Vaishnava spiritual masters) ACCEPTED that all the 18 Puranas are compiled by Srila Vyasadeva. But you replied as if to imply that all those 18 puranas were counterfeits which is to indirectly imply that for Ramanujacharya and Madhavacharya to accept it as compiled by Vyasadeva was wrong. My point being you never gave him the answer but rather beat around the bush. It would be great if you or anybody could give a straight answer and enlightened us all. :)

Also, what proof/hard evidence is there to verify that Srimad Bhagavatam is the original work of Sri Vyasadeva and reject all the other as counterfeits?

• In one from many such stories in Padma Purana, one can understand how such scripture are no  be better then  the comics of Alan Ford :

''Once upon a time, a chandala went into the forest for hunting. He hunted many deer and birds. Feeling hungry, he saw an amla tree and climbed up the tree. This way he satiated his hunger by eating sweet amla fruits. Unfortumately while he was climbing down the tree, he fell down and died.When the attendants of Yamaraj arrived to take back his soul, they could not do so even after repeated attempts. The attendants of Yamaraj became very surprised and went to the sages for clarification. The sages revealed to the attendants that they could not go near the chandala's dead body, because he had eaten amla just before his death.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many things in this story doesn't have a sense at all, especially that one that Maha bhagavata who knows the  past of every living being such as Sri Yama,  need to consult sages to about what candala ate.

• Read my answer here :

https://www.quora.com/On-what-basis-it-is-said-that-Chaitanya-Mahap...
    On what basis it is said that Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was an avatar of Krishna? - Quora
    • The verses from padma purana,garuda purana,Narasimha Purana does not indicate the canto,chapter,subchapter,sloka number of the verses.Only these verses accuratey describe Lord chaitanya when compared to Srimad Bagavatam Verses.Iam in requirement of the canto,chapter,subchapter,sloka number of the verses.

This reply was deleted.