can you name your home deities?

HARE KRISHNA, ALL GLORIES TO SRILA PRABHUPADA !!!

i was given gaura nitai deities from a friend about a year ago and i was just wondering how the naming process works i mean gaura nitai is a fine name but i have these marble placks they stand on, on the altar and i wanted to get their names engraved. i have friends whos spiritual masters names their deities or they  just had advanced devotees give their deities names.. since i have no spirtual master as of now should i just seek out an advanced devotee to name my deities or could i just do it my self? please respond ! oh!! also if you can names them your self what are some suggestions or ideas??

HARIBOL

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Pranam.It is actually up to you..You can ask a senior devotee to name your deities. Nevertheless, you can name them yourself..You can name them with the name that is close to your heart.Srila Prabhupad named the  Radha Krishna deities in the London temple as Radha Londonishvar.....

Some Orissan devotees call Jaganath with the name KALIYA  which literally means the black one.

You are going to worship them and you are going to take care of them like your own family members. So, give them a name that you will enjoy calling upon.

Our Bengali devotees call them Nimai - Nitai, Nitai - Vishvambhara Rai and  many more.

In Kuala Lumpur, the deities of Mahaprabhu and Nityananda prabhu is called NITAI SUNDAR - GAURAHARI.

DO LET US KNOW ONCE YOU HAVE NAMED THEM :)

JAI JAGANATH

• jaya thank you so much for your advice, ill definitely let you know the names i chose... once they reveal them to me, and maybe ill post a pic too im having them re painted today! 

haribol!

•  Pranam.... Great..ya, do post their pictures please.... we all would love to get their darshan....

JAI JAGANATH

• Volunteer

my humble obeisances Prabhu,

first please go through names here http://spiritualvedicnames.com/

Before my Deities appeared They appeared on my desire. Which means i had very much desire to have my own home Deities and i wanted Lord Chaitanya to be crying before Lord Jagannath (i do not know if such like Deity is there, but i wanted very special Form of His).

So by Their mercy They came to me. Lord Chaitanya with serious face and as a Dhameshvar Mahaprabhu.

And as Their Names i explained my goal. As like parents name their children according to their future goals and expectations. For example, Sukhi wanting some success in life, and other names, i do not know much about Indian names.

So i called Them as Nityananda Avadhuta-Prana Premada. Which means Mad Man Nityananda (mad of chanting the Holy Names) and Prana-life and soul of all living entities, Premada - One who gives love for Godhead Krishna.

Yes, You can request some other senior Devotees to select names for Them. Also You can express Your desire and wish ...You are going to worship Them.

Your servant,

• what awesome names!! i love lord nityanandas name!! also thanks for the link sooooo awesome 

This reply was deleted.