Hare Krishna,

Please accept my humble obeisances

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

It is known that Sri Ranganatha is the resting form of Lord Vishnu, and Lord Vishnu is non-different from Krishna ,so is it okay for me to go to a Renganathar temple instead of a ISCKON temple and still be a krishna conscious individual?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna mataji,

There is an ISKCON temple in Srirangam also. You can visit there. Of course, the importance of ancient temples and the story of Sri Ranganath cannot be compared. I was part of a group of ISKCON devotees who were on South Indian yatra and when we went to Srirangam, we spent the whole day exploring the Ranganatha temple - hearing stories about practically each pillar. Most of the stories are about Alwars. It is very exciting to hear these stories and we were fortunate enough to visit the reigning head of the Sri Vaishnavas, who has succeeded Sripad Ramanujacharya in disciplic succession. Our gurus also speak a lot of the stories of Sri Ranganath. You can hear lectures of HH Radhanath Maharaj in this context.

Like Bhaktin Maral mataji said, the purpose of visiting the temple is to chant hare krishna maha mantra. Prabhupada used to say his temples are embassies of vaikuntha. By visiting a temple, it should be a purifying and inspiring experience, pushing us towards Krishna Consciousness.

The idea is, visit the Sri Ranganath temple, visit ISKCON temple also and follow the ISKCON principle, because there is slight difference in the philosophy of Sri Vaishnavas and Gaudiya Vishnavas. That choice you have to make, which philosophy appeals to you most.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Rashmi

• Hare Krishna,

Thank you for the advise to both matajis.

I always loved going to the ISCKON temple but since the Sri Ranganath temple is nearer to the place i stay ,it is easier for me to go there in a regular basis.

However i will definitely visit both these temples and follow the ISCKON principals .

Thank you so much again .This definitely helped me a lot to clear my doubt.

• Volunteer

Dear Mataji, You also can visit Temple online at Mayapur.tv or radhanathswami.us

Your servant,

• Hare Krishna,

Thanks a lot mataji.Will surely do 

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna dear Mataji, please accept my humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

The main thing to achieve love for Krishna is to chant His Holy Names Hare Krishna Maha Mantra. 

There is no other way!

So if You go to Vishnu Temple, we should remember that chanting of the Holy Names is the most important. 

I usually go to the Temple for the next reasons:

1. To practice chanting and hearing in the association OF DEVOTEES.

2. For kirtans;

3. to hearing Bhagavatam lectures;

4. To meet my friends;

5. Of course to have chance to serve to other Devotees.

Your servant, 

This reply was deleted.