Can We do Job in ISKCON Temple

Hare Krishna!!!!

Dandwat to all devotees....All glories to Prabhupad!!!

I have come at big decesion of my life because of some circumtanses. Right now I am working in a Private Bank and working as Operation Manager and following Krishna Consiouness from last 4-5 years. As who have been worked or working in private banking sector can able to understand more that how struggling job is that it's like 9 to 9 job although from krishna mercy I have good boss and coulegue so that some time somehow I take out some time so that I can associate with the devotees but it's also not very good all the time.

Now I would like to ask If somebody can suggest that is there any possiblities so that I can serve the ISKCON in better way as well as I also need to support my family as their is also some financial problem. I live in Jaipur and I am working in jalandhar(Punjab) so that I can support my family in financial way..

Please suugest..

In your Service

LOkesh

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

I appreciate You suggestion as well, But I am not in my right consiousness and not able to take decision but Only I can do is I will pray to Prabhupad and Krishna and I Belive they will help me to get rid out of all the problem...

Hari Bol !!!!!!!!!!

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Lokesh Sharma Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Bill Gates started his business from zero. he did not have money but faith and idea...

but anyways, i would be also be happy to have chance to work in the environment where Devotees are...

Devotees find job in ISKCON for example in Mayapur there are sometimes vacancies. You can join the Mayapur forum writing a request letter to His Grace Ananda Tirtha Prabhu.

or find out the ISKCON centers web site right in the top right side of the home page of this web.

and there search for centers and contact with them.

i know only few Devotee who do job within ISKCON but most of them work outside, mostly big part of services done by Brahmacharis and other volunteer Devotees.

Dear Devotees, if You read this request please, try to help Lokesh Prabhu!

Your servant,

• Volunteer

Hare Krishna Lokesh Prabhu, please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Since ISKCON yet young society we do not have big facilities for Devotees to work and earn too much money as they earn outside. The salaries vary from Rs 5000 - 10 000. but some people are not satisfied  with this salary. But ISKCON for this time can do this only (if i am not wrong). 

But even though it is better to work with Devotees.  

-----------------

But if You can not find any job in ISKCON why You do not start Your own business? for example, Srila Prabhupada opened a medical market. And was free from control of materialistic people.

For example, i do not imagine my life working from 7-8 AM till 7-8 PM just earning money. but will struggle somehow and organize some job so that most time would be able to do devotional service.

But You can start it slowly not leaving Your present job. For example, some people open shops, or export import something, or take care of a land and grow some plants. or rent a house for paying guests, something....! :-)

For example, in my country Devotees are not allowed to work in any government jobs and they can not find jobs. and they started to take care of land, grow strawberries, cotton, wheat and other vegetables and distribute it to the market. some work as a taxi drivers unfortunately, but they also preach to everyone who becomes their client. some opened private service houses like: car care, beauty salon, sewing, or Prasadam distribution.

in this way by Krishna's mercy they somehow earn for their livelihood. 

Your servant, 

• in my country Devotees are not allowed to work in any government jobs and they can not find jobs

Where are you from Mataji? Hasn't anyone challenged this unfair discrimination in a court of law? Why are devotees prohibited? Only the Hare Krsnas or of all religions?

• Hare krishna Mata Ji,

please accept my humble obeisances! all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Thank u so much for suggestion.

But As I have told that I have to help my parents financially so there is no question that I can open a business coz if you start any business than we should have to invest a lot of money intialy which I do not have so only i can do is Job.

As you have also given me the example of devotees who's working in iskcon, So could you please tell me the process because I think better I can even try to do that.

In your service...

• please reply and suggest ..........awaiting
This reply was deleted.