Replies

• W

When one takes shelter of a Bona Fide Spiritual Master one first receives  Nama Diksa and is given a name which relates one as a servant of Krsna or His servant, Krsna dasa, Prahlada dasa etc..

1. If one desires they can call themselves anything and incorporating a Transcendental Name in the name used to address oneself is possible, but my Spiritual Master, Srila Prabhup[ada, never introduced such name changing.  Rather one should become qualified to be accepted by Sri Guru and receive a bona fide Name from Him.    Most Hindus have a Name which is connected to Krsna and His devotees and legally one can use any name one chooses and aven legally change to that name.   Receiving a Spiritual Name however is a very serious and sublimely spiritual affair and should not be taken very lightly.  The important part of our Spiritual Names is Dasa and one becomes dasa through the medium and Mercy of Sri Guru..     So I don't feel it is a good idea to change one's name independently of our process of accepting formal initiation from a bona fide Spiritual Master..
    • hare krsna pahmo vancha kalpatrathubyas ca krpa sindubhya eva ca patit anam pavebhyo vaishnavebhypo namo namah

infuture i will be cautious before posti

our 1 name is by our parents  our real birth is when we are initiated and we receive a spiritual name

and accept a sp master

even after initiation when we have children  we approach a spiritual teacher and he names them

radharani dayadevi this is m dau-hter name but its not an initiated name

ajamila named his son narayana

ramanujaacharya when he received a mantra he was told not to reveal the mantra it was an secret mantra

but he went to the top of terrace and shouted loudly so every one could hear

in our movement once a preacher named his student rupamanjari

and the authorities had objection so you are correct

a little chan-e can lead to deviation

thankyou prabhu we always need the -uidance of senior devotees if we make mistake they will correct us

hare krsna

This reply was deleted.