Can't Finish 16 Rounds? Make them up tomorrow?

Hare KrishnaPlease Accept My Humble Obeisances.All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.I was conversing with some devotees and they were speaking about our slip ups. Namely, when a devotee falls asleep without finishing 16 rounds.The solution to the problem they said is to finish the rounds from the previous day, today.The question that came to my mind was, "What would Srila Prabhupada say?" "Is this acceptable?"We are only required to do a mere 16 rounds, and we still have difficulty.Please forgive me if I have offended anyone.And if anyone has anything to add onto this conversation, please do.Hari bolYour ServantDavid

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Volunteer
    Hare Krishna,
    Gaurav pr,
    You are right. We should never keep our rounds for the next day.
    do you really follow that Gaurav Pr?
    Ys.
  • I think that as long as we are true to ourselves it is not a sin, we can complete the rest the other day. but if we leave it for next day purposely by engrossing ourselves in worthless tasks then it is wrong it wont be acceptable. Hare Krishna!!!!!
    • you should never keep your rounds for the next day...

cz once it will happen genuinely that you could not finish your rounds, but later it would become a habit and will gradually turn into procrastination,

incase you are unable to finish your rounds, aprt from finishing them the other day, you should punish yourself also.. say- you should write the mahamantra on the paper also.. if your 4 rounds were left then you should write mahamantra on the paper 4*4=16 times or should fast as a penance!!

else the mind will take this "next day thing" for granted and slowly you may loose the taste

this is my thinking, i dunno its write or wrong...

~hope it helps somehow~ 

Hari Hari

This reply was deleted.