Can I leave onion & garlics?

Hare Krishna,I am staying with my brother & bhabiji. Because of this I am not able to take food without onion & garlics.Today i raised the topic to leave onion & garlic, but they are opposing me.I am going to get marry....because of this they are saying it will be a problem to find a girl.Please guide me to take proper decision.Your ServantSibaram

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you ever noted, how much "Classic yoga sitting "Lotus-posture
    Is lookingLike Bull Riding.? Humm* NormalyYoga requiers attentive awareness. It is said' that Chi flows where awareness goes"!
  • E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

You appear to be very sincere, from your post.

Since it is your marraige, and you have to stay with the girl all your life - you have a right to decide. You can say that you would like to marry someone who has the same food preferences. Have you tried to look at devotee girl marraige options? 

There are a lot of devotee girls - I dont know your age - you may find someone of your community and caste also - if you are interested, you could contact your local temple and ask if there is an active marraige berue there. Send your matrimonial CV there.

Or else, enrol in the online websites - www.marryadevotee.com, www.vivahamitra.com. There are others also.

Pls give up onion garlic and marry someone who supports you in this decision.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krsna Mataji,

Thank you so much for guidance.

My family belongs to typical Brahmin family. So I am fearing to talk regarding this to my family members to marry a devotee girl from ISKCON community. they might take in a wrong way which will cause bad impression to ISKCON.

Radhe Radhe

Your Servant

Sibaram

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Prabhuji,

PAMHO.

I am certain you are a South Indian brahmana. Only in South India, not eating onion garlic is a disqualification for marraige. 

I am also in South India. I can help you. Pls tell me where you are located. There are devotee brahmana girls here also. It should not be an issue.

What I am trying to say is that - atleast try before you give up.

Maybe you try both the ways - family way and ISKCON match.

Haribol,

Your servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Thank you Mataji for guidance.

No Mataji I am from Odisha, but I reside in Chennai. I know you Mataji. Already I met with you & Srinivas Prabhuji. As you said I should give a try before give up.

Radhe Radhe,

Your Servant

Sibaram

This reply was deleted.