Most people I meet asks me about my Tulsi beads,then I say Im a Krishna devotee following ISKCON, but not yet initiated. So someone asked me how can you say you are a devotee when you are not initiated? Then what is the difference between me and you?I said because I follow the regulative principles and chant daily and live for Krishna I can be said as a devotee.Then he asked, you are not an ISKCON member then how can you be said a devotee?I said,Prabhupada has said anyone can join in chanting and dancing ecstatically.But Im in doubt whether my statement is right or wrong. What should I answer to such questions? What should I say, Im a seeker @ ISKCON or a devotee @ ISKCON?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mowers Krishna
    Please friend me
    If my help can ever
    B-creatively of help.
    U-can count on it;-
    We'll be your super men?
  • Thank you

• Meets Krishna as far as instructions in this regard are concerned after chanting 16 rounds daily & following the (regs) for only one year many Gurues will initiate you, So as far as a timeLine is concerned one year of daily full-on practice, those that you seem to be already happy with doing & Krishna will take charge of the arrangements. If that is what you want! ?
  • Om Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Om

My friend, initiation into the Hare Krishna cult or ISKCON has nothing to do with becoming a devotee of the Lord Krishna.

Being a devotee of Krishna only requires surrender and love for him.

Namaste
    • Thank you :)

• Thank you , your answer is an inspiration to me!

Hare Krishna and greetings from Hamburg.

• E-Counselor

Hare Krsna Mataji,

PAMHO.

Sorry for late reply. Could not reply earlier.

You are a sadhaka mataji - you are following the path of ISKCON. You can call yourself a devotee of ISKCON. You have answered correctly to your friend - I am proud of your answers. You are following the path - initiation is just formalising the process.

Pls call yourself a proud member of ISKCON. If someone questions regarding initiation, say its on its way. By the mercy of guru and Gauranga, it will happen very soon.

Haribol,

YOur servant,

Radha Rasamayi DD

• :) Its ok Mataji. Thank you very much for your concern. Hare Krsna

This reply was deleted.