Book changes?

Hello all! Hare Krishna!

I have heard that ISKCON BBTI is changing the original pre-1978 books of Srila Prabhupada.My friend convinced me that it is a lie and a rumour.....One day in ISKCON temple,my friend gave me a book "perfect questions,perfect answers" which was a old version of 1978,i also had the same book but a new version which i bought from ISKCON temple.....while comparing both books,i found that the books are changed...the words,introduction..much was changed...why this is happening?

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hare Krishna. Pamho agtsp and to all vaishnavas.
    I read that Srila Prabhupada did not want his books changed in any way..
    Haré Krishna
  • Thankyou Prabhuji :) now i understood....

but the persons living in temple says,"indeed all the books are changed,he adddd "we change BG according to time and people's requirement and time"

• The old book start's with introduction as ,"

God, spiritual life—those were such vague terms to me before I met Śrīla Prabhupāda. I have always been interested in religion, but before I met the Kṛṣṇa conscious devotees, somehow I did not have the proper perspective needed to inquire fruitfully about spiritual life. The existence of a Creator is only common sense—but who is God? Who am I? I had been to Hebrew School and had studied Oriental philosophy, but I could never get satisfying answers to my questions.

I first heard the Hare Kṛṣṇa mantra in Greenwich Village, New York, in late 1968.

hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa
    kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare
    hare rāma hare rāma
    rāma rāma hare hare

The chanting was captivating, and it made me feel very comfortable. The mantra stuck in my mind, and I soon regretted that I had not taken a magazine from the devotees. As explained to me later, a transcendental seed had been planted that could eventually ripen into love of Godhead."

While the edited starts as,"thirty-three years have passed since i sat near the ganges river having conversation described in this book.Since it was first published in 1976,i've shared my copies.often it has been difficult to understand that why such a presumptuous title,but i is what prabhupada suggested to me

My conservative jewish family instilled me an inner longing to understand God.I became fascinated by the chanting which i first heard by the the devotees of hare krishna movment" i learned from the bhagvad gita,"the primer on yoga" that yoga means "union with god"

THE Concluding words:

The introduction is changed,but they have changed the last words also...the real book say the date 

Brahmatīrtha dāsa Adhikārī
    (Bob Cohen)
    Houston, Texas
    October 16, 1976

while the fake one says,

"Brahmatīrtha dāsa Adhikārī
    (Bob Cohen)

Gainesville,Florida

June 24,2005"

In short if u read both,you can't say that the books are same...

• Brahmatīrtha dāsa Adhikārī (Bob Cohen) is the person who made interview with Srila Prabhupad, presented as a book, therefore he, the author, has exclusive right to change introduction.

Considering all that you can conclude this book is not Srila Prabhupadas book, despite being main character in that interview.

This reply was deleted.