Bhaav

Hare Krishna Prabhu ji /Mata ji 🙏

please accept my humble obeisance 🙇🙌

By mercy of devotees I get to know that our Acharyas are in Manjari bhaav ....so my question is that is there  any difference between Manjari bhaav and Gopi bhaav if yes than what is that difference....

Plzz solve my query 🙏🙇

Your servant 🙏

You need to be a member of ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT to add comments!

Join ISKCON Desire Tree | IDT

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This unnatojjvala-rasa, or the condensed elevated mellows of devotional service is the real hankering of the followers of Srila Rupa Gosvami, who are known as rupanugas. What makes the followers of Srila Rupa Gosvami so unique? Srimati Radharani has unlimited sakhis headed by Lalita devi and Visakha devi. These sakhis are in the same age group as Srimati Radharani. Thus they sometimes have direct dealings with Lord Krsna. The sakhis facilitate the pastimes of Radha and Krsna, and sometimes Srimati Radharani arranges that Her friends have direct union with Krsna. However the direct maidservants of Srimati Radharani are the manjaris; manjari means “bud, young, or very tender”. The manjaris are young and innocent girls. Their ages not more than that of a thirteen years old. They are the exclusive maidservants of Srimati Radharani. The unique position of the manjaris is that they are allowed to witness the intimate loving pastimes of Radha and Krsna in the inner chambers of the groves of Vrndavana, and render personal service there, to which the sakhis have no access. Thus they relish the unparallel bliss of bhakti-rasa. One of the principal manjaris is Sri Rupa manjari, who incarnated as Srila Rupa Gosvami in gaura-lila. Srila Narottama dasa Thakura composed a very beautiful song in praise of the dust of the lotus feet of Sri Rupa manjari. This song is in the prarthana as follows; sri rupa manjari pada sei more sampada sei mora bhajana pujana. Rupanuga bhajana means following the footsteps of Srila Rupa Gosvami by meditating to become a maidservant of Srimati Radharani, the enchanter of Sri Krsna. Just as Sri Krsna captivates all the living entities by His energy and attractive qualities, similarly Srimati Radharani captivates Lord Krsna by Her love and charming qualities. The goal of a devotee of Lord Caitanya, following in the footsteps of Srila Rupa Gosvami, is to become a maidservant of Srimati Radharani. Srimati Radharani’s love for Krsna is so intense that Krsna is maddened by it and so accepts the form of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu in order to understand and relish the love of Himself. (Prema Bhakti Candrika, Isvara dasa ed., intro)

Hari Hari
    ys J.

• Hare Krishna prabhu ji ....dandvat pranam 🙇

Prabhu ji what is the bhaav of MANJARIS towards Krishna ....like if I am not wrong sakhis of Shrimati Radharani looks Krishna as there lover.

Then how manjaris reciprocate with Krishna what bhaav they have towards Krishna .

Plzz Prabhu ji guide me 🙏🙇

• See the previous quote. Something more:

The personal associates of Radharani are called sakhis, and Her near assistants are called manjaris. It is very difficult to express their dealings with Krishna because they have no desire to mix with Krishna or to enjoy Him personally. Rather, they are always ready to help Radharani associate with Krishna. Their affection for Krishna and Radharani is so pure that they are simply satisfied when Radha and Krishna are together. Indeed, their transcendental pleasure is in seeing Radha and Krishna united. (TLC 31)

Among these assistants are the manjaris, who help Radharani serve Krishna and who, according to Her, experience a happiness even greater than Hers. (Mukunda mala stotra 25 purport)

As the qualities of each rasa are included in the next rasa, it is to be understood that each rasa is gradually superior to the previous. In ujjvalla-rasa there are five qualities, therefore, it is the highest rasa. Among the associates of ujjvalla-rasa, only those who are situated in the group of Srimati Radhika relish the highest unparalleled sweetness of Sri Sri Radha Madana-Mohan. Yet among them, only the maidservants of Srimati Radharani are able to relish the topmost and wonderful sweetness of Their Lordships. Many sakhis cannot see the most confidential pastimes of Sri Sri Radha-Madhava, but the maidservants of Srimati Radharani are able to bathe in the waters of matchless sweet transcendental mellows. These maidservants are called manjaris (unblossomed buds) of the desire creeper in the form of Sri Radhika. The symptoms of enjoyment found on the limbs of Sri Radhika are also manifested on the limbs of the manjaris. The maidservants of Srimati Radharani, Sri Rupa Manjari and Sri Lavanga Manjari are none other than Srila Rupa Gosvami and Srila Sanatana Gosvami. Both are the topmost relishers of ujjvalla-rasa or madhura-rasa. Therefore, Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has described them as ujjvalla-rasa-tanu, the personification of ujjvalla-rasa. (PBC 1.6 purport, Isvara dasa ed.)

Hari Hari
        ys J.

• Thank you Prabhu ji  for your mercy .....thank you again and again🙏🙇💐☺️🙌

Dandvat pranam 🙇🙌

This reply was deleted.